E3 2016

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 13, 2016, 09:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daikun on June 14, 2016, 01:45:56 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2016, 09:22:02 PMAlso, for Crash fans: BLARGH

Video removed.
Just as well. It was the first video someone posted showing the Crash announcement.

For all the hype they put behind the reveal, a remaster and a cameo in a game that destroyed another former platforming icon, was not the way to do it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Wow, the new Zelda game looks huge. Looks like the biggest one in the series since the original in scope.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'll take that trailer with a bit of cautious optimism. This could be a great game, but hopefully it's not one of those huge open-world games that succumbs to being too big for its own good. What I mean is that I've played my share of games that are big....but spread their actual gameplay substance way too thin. I call it Arkham City Syndrome. Big worlds can be great, but I'm hoping that there is still enough focus to the gameplay that you are spending more time solving puzzles, exploring, and fighting enemies, rather than just running through a seemingly endless open field trying to get to a location that actually matters (as much as I love it, The Wind Waker kind of had this problem at parts). Of course, a warp feature could fix a lot of potential problems there.

In other news, I just realized that Capcom said that they would announce three new games at this year's E3, and they already have....and none of them are a new Devil May Cry. That makes me sad. I'm pretty much going to "Abandon All Hope" at this point. :'(

Spark Of Spirit

Link can now climb and jump up almost everything. The demo looks very impressive. You can equip a bunch of different things as weapons. They seem to have put a lot of work into the world for exploration and adventure. It seems to be the logical follow-up to A Link Between Worlds.

There are no more hearts in the grass now. You have to find food and eat it. Looks like rupees might be the same way.

I'm still hoping the mini-dungeon rumor is true. It would give a lot of incentive for exploring beyond all the different items.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 14, 2016, 10:12:41 AM
For all the hype they put behind the reveal, a remaster and a cameo in a game that destroyed another former platforming icon, was not the way to do it.
I wouldn't say Skylanders destroyed Spyro. There were like six games released before it that did that. It was just the final nail in the character's coffin.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 14, 2016, 12:21:19 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 14, 2016, 10:12:41 AM
I wouldn't say Skylanders destroyed Spyro. There were like six games released before it that did that. It was just the final nail in the character's coffin.
I'll just say Activision destroyed Spyro.  ;)

gunswordfist

I love huge open world games! I suspect the controls will never allow me to play the game though
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

They're showing off a mini-dungeon right now. There's apparently A LOT in the game, but they haven't specified.

It looked pretty cool.

EDIT: They specified over 100. Looks like the rumor is true.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

New NIOH trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1oC-_LyGcM

GODDAMNIT TEAM NINJA! Where was this game for the last seven years!? If you can do this, why the fuck did we ever get the Ninja Gaiden 3 that we did!?

Clearly, this proves that Team Ninja IS capable of making exciting stuff when they are actually trying and not selling out.

Daikun

Foggle

The new Zelda looks really great but I don't know if I can muster up the resolve to play another huge open world game. :-\ I was super excited for this back when it was announced, but the more giant open world games I play, the less I like them. I'm sure Nintendo will be able to do it better than pretty much anyone else, but after MGS5 went from amazing to boring in the span of 20 hours, this kind of game has basically become anti-hype to me. Maybe once I finally play The Witcher 3 I'll change my tune.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Daikun on June 14, 2016, 02:23:45 PM
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 14, 2016, 01:36:59 PMNew NIOH trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1oC-_LyGcM

This looks like Dark Souls...

Except the Alpha Demo has already come out and everyone (including Dark Souls fans) have said that it plays very differently from any of the Souls games outside of sharing similar features in regard to non-combat related aspects of the gameplay.

It's obviously Souls-inspired in its aesthetic design, but clearly it's a very different game mechanically. It's like when people said that Ninja Gaiden looked like a re-skinned Devil May Cry before actually playing it.

Foggle

Nioh is basically the Ninja Gaiden to Dark Souls' Devil May Cry, yeah. Though while I personally like NGB more than the DMC series, Nioh still has a ways to go if it wants to be as good as the three best Souls games IMO.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That's pretty much the consensus from most Souls fans; though, I have heard a lot of Souls fans claim to like it more than DS3, which seems to have disappointed a portion of the Souls Community. That said, a lot of people are still excited for it since supposedly DS3 is the last Souls game (though I'm pretty sure that Bloodborne sequels are still happening).

I do know that Onimusha fans are all over this game, though. Hopefully Capcom takes notice....

Yeah, nevermind....:-\

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 14, 2016, 02:42:35 PM
The new Zelda looks really great but I don't know if I can muster up the resolve to play another huge open world game. :-\ I was super excited for this back when it was announced, but the more giant open world games I play, the less I like them. I'm sure Nintendo will be able to do it better than pretty much anyone else, but after MGS5 went from amazing to boring in the span of 20 hours, this kind of game has basically become anti-hype to me. Maybe once I finally play The Witcher 3 I'll change my tune.
I'm not really a fan of open world games at all. But what this reminds me of is the original Zelda game. You can go anywhere you want and do anything in any order you want. They just finally have incentives for exploring and going out of your way to find things.

Making everything traverse-able and wide open just makes it all the more interesting to me.