Nickelodeon's Live Action

Started by Commode, January 16, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

I would watch MMPR if it was on the 90's Are All That block. Though I am surprise that it came down to that.

As for shows I encounter whenever I tune into Nick, it's either Spongebob or iCarly. Mostly Sponge but that's usually due to the time I always come home from work. I only encounter FOP on Nicktoons nowadays.

Avaitor

Yeah, on 90's Are All That.

I guess I wouldn't mind too much if they put either MMPR or TMNT on, since both shows are major parts of the decade and the childhoods of people who grew up there. But yeah, they aren't Nick shows, and I don't think they hold up as much as a lot of other shows they could air do.

I'd still probably watch them anyway though, and would prefer them to season 2 and 3 of All That airing ad nasum forever.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

They aren't Nick shows, but they are a nice infusion of variety into an otherwise very stale lineup (sans Rugrats). That's kinda my way of looking at it (and if they really are going to start airing these, maybe they're finally starting to realize the block is indeed stale, and the overall variety will start to improve in the future).

Avaitor

AYAOTD wins tonight. Hell yes.

And next week's set is up, and it's holiday themed-

Rocko's Modern Life- "Rocko's Modern Christmas"
Doug- "Doug's Christmas Story"
Rugrats- "A Rugrats Kwanzaa"
Hey Arnold!- "Arnold's Christmas"
All That- "225"
Rugrats- "The Santa Experience"
The Secret World of Alex Mack- "The Gift"
Hey Dude- "Loose Lips"

You know what, I don't think I've ever seen the Rugrats Kwanzaa special. I'm voting for that and Alex Mack.

I'd be fine with anything winning here except for the Arnold, All That, and Hey Dude eps though. I own the former on DVD, so I'd rather that they don't waste the time, and the latter two have already aired and have nothing to do with Christmas anyway.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

I'm starting to think it's rule of law that All That be included somewhere within the voting lineup every week. Maybe it really is rigged...

...anyway, went with Rugrats, Alex Mack, and Rocko myself. I haven't seen the Rocko Christmas episode in years (Nicktoons never airs it, holiday season be damned), so that'll be kinda fun to see again, if it wins.

Avaitor

Yeah, they haven't aired it in a year or two, but they did used to show it pretty regularly. I think they only stopped like the other year, but even then, regular Nickelodeon played it the year they stopped. And it is a classic, so I'm chill with it.

And apparently, at least this All That ep has a sketch with Santa in it. More than an be said for the Hey Dude ep. Like, seriously, why put that one up at all?

New blog!

Daxdiv

I voted Rugrats Santa Experience, Rocko's Christmas & Doug Christmas. Hey, you guys did point out Doug's Christmas special as being one of Doug's finest episodes.

Avaitor

Alex Mack needs more love. It seems like the Nicktoons are taking over this set, which is fine and all, but it really is getting the shaft. A shame too, since I thought the episode they aired the other month held up quite well, and I'd love to see more of the show.

Also, besides the Santa sketch in the All That episode, apparently Mr. Ernst sings "Jingle Bells" in the Hey Dude choice. I don't even remember that.

Still, why bother with these two when there's more actual Christmas choices you could have gone with instead? I mean, I know The Wild Thornberrys isn't the best show, but they have a perfectly fine Christmas ep they could have gone with. CatDog too, although, again, it's not a very good show. Ren & Stimpy have TWO Christmas episodes itself. Neither are very good, but hey, at least they count. There's a Pete & Pete one that's a part of the hard-to-find third season they could have added. And if you can count the Rugrats Kwanzaa episode (whch aired in 2001, btw), why not try the considerably more popular Hanukkah one too? Shit, even Kenan & Kel has a Christmas episode, which I'd love to see since I barely remember it.

There's a lot of things they could have gone with, but didn't. Maybe another weekend dedicated to more of these, like we got for Halloween, would be good.

Edit: And apparently there even is a Christmas in July episode of Hey Dude. So... why use "Loose Lips" at all?

New blog!

Commode

Tonight's the first time that I actually have gotten to watch the block, and all I can say is wow, I don't remember All That being this painfully unfunny.  Yeesh.

And holy crap @ young as shit Amanda Bynes.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Aww, I still find it funny, but some sketches don't really hold up at all. I guess it might just be too silly for some people nowadays, though.

Also, they switched the Hey Dude episodes for U-Pick with the actual Christmas ep. It has like no chance of winning since they just pulled the switch, but hey, at least it counts.

Edit: And apparently, word around town is that Clarissa is returning to the block next week. Can't find any sources about it yet, but I wouldn't mind if it does. I actually pulled out my season 1 DVD the other night and marathoned it, and I still love the show as much as ever.

New blog!

Commode

I don't know if you watched last night's ep, but the first segment, and the one that I was referring to at the time I wrote that, ended with Kenan dressed up as a lunchlady leading the rest of the kids singing a song about peas.  Yeah, it was probably funny for 8-10 year old me, but not to 23 year old me.

The K&K episode was amusing though(the one were the Clinton look-a-like visits and has his life saved by Kenan).

Avaitor

Yeah, I don't watch All That anymore since they only air seasons 2 and 3 on a loop. I remember that ep though, and I agree that Ms. Piddlin doesn't hold up much. Those sketches are more unfunny than anything.

Really, all I watch on the block right now are Rugrats and the U-Pick block.

Edit: Well, here we go .

It's annoying that All That is airing like every night and it sucks that there's no game shows, but there's a lot of stuff here otherwise. I'm surprised that Ren & Stimpy hasn't already aired on here yet, even if just on U-Pick.

There's also speculation that they're going to start airing season 4 of All That the following week, but there isn't anything official on that yet.

New blog!

Avaitor

So yeah, I normally wait until Friday to reveal this week's U-Pick schedule, so I can also reveal what's up for next week's, but since I don't think we're going to have one next week, here is tomorrow's.

Rugrats- "The Santa Experience"
Doug- "Doug's Christmas Story"
Hey Arnold!- "Arnold's Christmas"
Rocko's Modern Life- "Rocko's Modern Christmas"

Can't say I'm surprised at all that it's a very Nicktoon Christmas. All That wasn't going to air because they still show it every night, despite being on autopilot (they just started the fifth cycle of seasons 2 and 3 earlier this week), and this isn't a Christmas episode anyway. Hey Dude stood no chance because the first episode they put up has already aired and isn't a Christmas ep, and by the time they put up the actual Christmas episode, it was too late. I gave it some love, but I knew it wasn't going to air. The Rugrats Kwanzaa episode just isn't as fondly remembered as the Christmas or Hanukkah episode, nor is the holiday as beloved as those two. Hell, the reason I voted for it was because I've never seen it before and I was curious. And as much as I wanted Alex Mack to win, the 4 choices that won were just more popular. The show is going to air this upcoming week anyway, so it's no big deal.

I'd have preferred if they didn't air Arnold, since it's on DVD, and Rocko, since it's going to be on DVD soon, but they're both classics that deserve to air anyway. I also wanted to see Rugrats and Doug ,but didn't vote for them since I knew they'd get enough love. I'll skip HA! and pull out my DVD in the very near future, but it's a fine enough lineup.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Decent line-up all things considering. All of my favorite Nicktoon Christmas specials all on one night.

I really wasn't expecting the Kwanzaa episode to air anyway considering this:

Really if they could have done anything for Hey Dude, they should have counted the votes the previous episode got and added it to it's total for the new episode.

Commode

The Doug Christmas episode is fucking weird.  Just saying'