Why did you choose your Avatar and/or Signature?

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 18, 2011, 11:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

...And now it's back. OK W/E TINYPIC

My question still stands, though; do you think it's time for me to get a new avatar? I love this one, but it's been almost five and a half years. Figure some of you might be tired of it. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Eh, it's up to you. I don't mind it since I'm so used to it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yosuke Hayashi and HIS Team Ninja have forever disgraced the Legendary Black Falcon suit (that's what its officially called; I didn't just make that up) Ryu Hayabusa with Ninja Gaiden 3, so every time I looked at that sig picture of mine it reminded me of how much modern Ryu just got shat on and made me feel quite depressed. So I changed my sig to a brighter and happier time in Ninja Gaiden history, back when Ryu was awesome and developers weren't concerned about dumbing down games and butchering established franchise heroes by trying to characterize them but turning them into completely unlikable douche-bags in the process. :thumbup:

Foggle

"C'mon, mate! I'm just tryin' to feed my kids!" :srs:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Perfect example of Itagaki's gaming philosophy compared to Hayashi's:

In Itagaki's games, enemies throw everything they have at you (literally....), and they will come at you with everything they have, even going so far as to crawl at you with their dying breath even if they've lost their legs (once again, literally....). Basically they have no fear of death and offer up the player a challenge because they are just flat-out tough sons of bitches. And as frustrating as getting killed by them may be, I can respect those bastards, damnit! :thumbup:

As for Hayashi's game, enemies cower in fear of you when they realize that you're stronger than them, and they say things like....

Quote"C'mon, mate! I'm just tryin' to feed my kids!"

....that :imnothappy:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 02, 2012, 12:39:25 AM
"C'mon, mate! I'm just tryin' to feed my kids!" :srs:
"It's okay, I apparently have no honor anyway!lol"
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Young Neil has some of the funniest dialogue in the whole series.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

That moment when you check Google images for "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" and all you get is pages full of shit for the Nicholas Cage movie. :immad:

But yeah, figured that I was in need of a change, and I had the number stuck in my head.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Angus

Didn't realize my avatar was down. Well, here's Rin acting like Yusuke.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Oh wow, my three least favorite internet usernames in one place!

Random x's, a weed reference, and random caps!

Lord Dalek

This just about sums up my opinions on Peeta Mellark at the moment.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 20, 2012, 03:08:16 PM
Oh wow, my three least favorite internet usernames in one place!

Random x's, a weed reference, and random caps!
Oh yes, mine too. Don't worry, it's just for today. Same with the awful Blingee sig (which I'm rather proud of tbh). :lol:

Foggle

Commode

What is that from, it's bugging me.  I want to say Daffy Ducks Quackbusters, but I'm not sure.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.