Rareware / Rare / Playtonic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 29, 2011, 08:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Heck, I'm the biggest 2D apologist on this site and I think they should stick to 3D platformers. We have a lot of indie 2D games coming out, 3D games need more representatives. And who better to do that than the team most associated with them?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I agree with both of you. But I do want to see them make at least one 2D platformer. :P

Foggle

Oh yeah, I'd love to see them do other things, including a 2D platformer or two. But it would be absolutely wonderful having more high profile good 3D platformers out there than just Mario and Ratchet.

talonmalon333

As far as 2D platformers go, I'd like to see them match the aesthetic of DKC. That's something DKCR didn't do in my opinion.

Spark Of Spirit

They can make a BK successor, a JFG successor, and a Conker successor (structure-wise for single-player and multiplayer), and then they can make a 2D platformer.

They've got catching up to do!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 16, 2015, 03:00:05 PM
They can make a BK successor, a JFG successor, and a Conker successor (structure-wise for single-player and multiplayer), and then they can make a 2D platformer.

They've got catching up to do!
Yes! And they should do a Perfect Dark successor as well. As old-school as possible. Gimme' them optional objectives and stealth, and split-screen multiplayer with bots. ;D

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 16, 2015, 02:59:24 PM
As far as 2D platformers go, I'd like to see them match the aesthetic of DKC. That's something DKCR didn't do in my opinion.
I agree as far as Returns goes, but I think Tropical Freeze has some of the best graphics in any game.

talonmalon333

Those franchises don't merely need successors. They need sequels. From Playtonic.

Spark Of Spirit

PlayTonic needs the ex-Free Radical and GoldenEye staff.

STAT.

I want a single player campaign as good as GoldenEye and the latter two Timesplitters games and multiplayer as tight as Perfect Dark with the options of the TS series. Not to mention extra modes as good as those from Perfect Dark and a custom map editor even better than the ones from the Timesplitters series.

Man, these guys have a lot to live up to.  :sweat:

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 16, 2015, 04:23:38 PM
How about Battletoads?
Commission WayForward to make the game and simply hand them design documents and general direction.

Double Dragon Neon proves they can do it.

talonmalon333

I still think we ought to see a 3D Donkey Kong game done right.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 16, 2015, 05:50:04 PM
I still think we ought to see a 3D Donkey Kong game done right.
I would like to see that as well, but I think Retro is the right studio for that job. ;)

talonmalon333

I'm over Retro making DK games. :thinkin:

Spark Of Spirit

You haven't even played Tropical Freeze.  :thinkin:

talonmalon333

I'm sure it's great, but I don't need a third game. I want to see them move onto other/new franchises/games. :P