What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Invitation sent!

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 07, 2012, 07:17:50 PM
Let me know when you want something from the VC. We should probably exchange Wii friend codes for that, though.
How do I find my friend code? lol

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 07, 2012, 07:20:44 PM
Invitation sent!

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 07, 2012, 07:17:50 PM
Let me know when you want something from the VC. We should probably exchange Wii friend codes for that, though.
How do I find my friend code? lol
Go to your address book in the bottom right corner then click to create a message. The number's there.

Mine is: 6986-2919-6397-7298
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Thanks, I'll post it up in a bit.

Spark Of Spirit

I got my friend to get it on his PC. Thanks, again!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh, hey, I've been offline for a while today since my Internet connection was giving me some trouble today.

My steam username is max_tequila. ;D

Foggle

Invitation sent!

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 07, 2012, 07:35:39 PM
Did he? Steam still says you haven't accepted my friend request. :(

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Cool, I got it. You are now officially my 1st (and currently only) Steam friend. :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 07, 2012, 09:17:46 PM
Invitation sent!

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 07, 2012, 07:35:39 PM
Did he? Steam still says you haven't accepted my friend request. :(
He just went offline... I'll get him next time I see him to do it.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 07, 2012, 09:21:13 PM
Cool, I got it. You are now officially my 1st (and currently only) Steam friend. :thumbup:
Woohoo!

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 07, 2012, 09:25:55 PM
He just went offline... I'll get him next time I see him to do it.
Alright, cool. I don't think the gifts expire, so it doesn't matter if it takes awhile.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Alright, MP2 is installed on my computer and I've been playing it for about 30 minutes. I haven't encountered any sound problems so far, and the game runs pretty smoothly, with the graphics only suffering some jagged edges here and there but the game still looks fine for the most part. The only really noticeable problem I've encountered so far is some screen-tearing that happens on and off. It doesn't break the game or anything, but it can be a nuisance. Even so, I'm not complaining since thanks to Foggle I got this game for free. ;)

Perhaps later I may try and adjust my settings to see if that can resolve the screen-tearing problem, but other than that the game plays great. My only other problem is that I just need to get used to the mouse and keyboard set-up being that I'm used to playing MP games with a controller, but I'm sure it won't take too long for me adjust.

Thanks again, Foggle! :thumbup:

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 07, 2012, 11:04:15 PM
Thanks again, Foggle! :thumbup:
No problem! Glad it's working for you. ;D

with the graphics only suffering some jagged edges here and there
Even if you max the graphics settings and turn the texture sharpness all the way up, there's still some jaggies (it's not a recent game, after all). Max Payne 1 is a bit smoother looking in general, though. ;)

QuoteThe only really noticeable problem I've encountered so far is some screen-tearing that happens on and off. It doesn't break the game or anything, but it can be a nuisance.
Yeah, I hate screen tearing on PC games since you sit so close to the screen. It's not really a problem for me if I'm playing on a console since I sit farther away. To get rid of the screen tearing, enable Triple Screen Buffers from the Options menu on the little launcher that pops up before you start the game. It might cause some lag (probably not, MP 2 is fairly old), but you can always turn it off again if it becomes unplayable. :)

QuoteMy only other problem is that I just need to get used to the mouse and keyboard set-up being that I'm used to playing MP games with a controller, but I'm sure it won't take too long for me adjust.
I don't think this will work since it's an older game, but if you have a wired Xbox 360 controller, you could try plugging that into your computer to play Max Payne 2 with. It's worth a shot if you prefer the gamepad controls!

I haven't encountered any sound problems so far, and the game runs pretty smoothly
Yeah, the MP 2 sound errors aren't very common. Most people get them in the original, though.

gunswordfist

I loved playing Max Payne 1 on the PC my family used to have. In fact, my favorite TPS experience.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm currently on Part I Chapter 4 of the game. The story is all over the place so far which I now remember initially confused me when I first played the game (but it makes up for it with plenty of classic Max Payne hammy-ness), but the action is as solid as ever, and maybe even a little harder than the first game, though that probably has more to do with me still adjusting to the keyboard and mouse controller input. That said, the game is as good as I remember it, so far, though I've only been playing it for about an hour. I remember the game taking me about 5-6 hours to complete the first time I played it, so it probably won't last too long, but its definitely still one of the most solid TPS games around, and I'd easily take it over any current-gen TPS that I've played (I still have to get around to Vanquish at some point in time, though).

Quote from: Foggle on May 07, 2012, 11:57:23 PMI don't think this will work since it's an older game, but if you have a wired Xbox 360 controller, you could try plugging that into your computer to play Max Payne 2 with. It's worth a shot if you prefer the gamepad controls!

Unfortunately the game presents no options for any alternate controller input, from what I can tell (it only allows you to adjust the keyboard and mouse configuration). Even so, I can still play the game just fine with the mouse and keyboard with some practice. In fact I'm already getting more adept at it.

Foggle

Steam says it took me around 6 hours to beat Max Payne 2 this most recent time. ;)

I think the first game is a lot harder, actually. There are a few trouble spots in the second one, but the original is consistently a huge challenge for me, even on Fugitive difficulty.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, the fact that both games give you the ability to save anywhere kind of makes them easy in general for anyone who wants to spam saves, but if you only save every 10 minutes or so than the first game can be quite challenging since enemies can take you out fast. I have found that with this game, enemies can still take you out fast, but it seems to be more forgiving with the painkillers since they are more plentiful in this game than in the first one. I usually find that I am maxed out on 8 painkillers and yet I still find plenty of them lying around that I don't even need, which never really happened to me in the first game. That said, the action is as awesome as ever in MP2, which is all that really counts for me.

Its likely that MP3, list most modern shooters, will force an auto-save feature on you and give you designated checkpoints. I normally wouldn't mind this too much except I feel like since Rockstar has said that they will stick with the health system from the first 2 games (which I'm personally glad about), they could potentially break the game if they force auto-saves on you, since you would want to have manual saves in case you end up losing all of your painkillers and are really low on health. If that happens to you and the game just auto-saves at that point and you are in the middle of a level, then you're pretty fucked by that point in time.

Anyways, currently I just finished Part I of MP2 and I'm on the prologue of part II. I have to give Remedy credit for their awesome sense of humor. I almost forgot how funny some of these TV programs were or how hilarious some of the conversations between random people in the game could be. Remedy also carried on this tradition in Alan Wake, thankfully.