What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 17, 2012, 12:28:23 PM
He barely had an accent in RE3 either. He sorta turned it off and on throughout the game. :P
I know, but all the foxy ladies love his accent! :lol:

QuoteWhich control scheme you think is better?
The laser pointer analog stick style, but that's mostly because I played the PS2 version of 4 like five times times before I got a Wii. I'm also utterly horrible at using the Wii remote to aim. :P

Foggle

Mass Effect 3 demo is pretty cool! Only played the first level because I don't want to spoil too much of the game for myself. Seeing Wrex and Garrus in the same cutscene made me very happy.

Daxdiv

I also downloaded the demo and just decided to jump into the gameplay cause, that's what mattered to me. Felt more like the Gears of War series, since I don't remember making Shepard do a roll. In fact, I think other than the weaponry, that was the only aspect from the game that didn't make ME feel like GoW in space for me. Other than that, the gameplay is still solid. I just love the butthurt people have over the story mode option having Liara in a pin up pose. Cause you know, that's the only bad part about it. :P

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on February 17, 2012, 01:09:49 PM
Mass Effect 3 demo is pretty cool! Only played the first level because I don't want to spoil too much of the game for myself. Seeing Wrex and Garrus in the same cutscene made me very happy.
Heh, nerd joy. It's a pretty basic, short demo but no complaints.

Just finished some multiplayer before my connection died again. I actually got to shoot some people this time. Not bad, I'm a sucker for wave type game modes.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Mass Effect 2 definitely felt like Gears of War to me; not so much the first one, though. Just wish I could holster my gun... I'm OCD about that in games like this and Deus Ex, lol.

Quote from: Daxdiv on February 17, 2012, 01:20:20 PM
I just love the butthurt people have over the story mode option having Liara in a pin up pose. Cause you know, that's the only bad part about it. :P
People are seriously mad about something as stupid as that? Serves them right for even contemplating playing a mode other than Role Playing in the first place. :P

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on February 17, 2012, 01:25:12 PM
Mass Effect 2 definitely felt like Gears of War to me; not so much the first one, though. Just wish I could holster my gun... I'm OCD about that in games like this and Deus Ex, lol.

Quote from: Daxdiv on February 17, 2012, 01:20:20 PM
I just love the butthurt people have over the story mode option having Liara in a pin up pose. Cause you know, that's the only bad part about it. :P
People are seriously mad about something as stupid as that? Serves them right for even contemplating playing a mode other than Role Playing in the first place. :P
Those other two modes even existing make me sick. Goes with my unpopular opinion of how people should have to pay for shit like that while shit like that stays the hell off of my disc.

Foggle

I don't even see why someone would want to play either of those modes. You're purposefully depriving yourself of the full experience if you do that...

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on February 17, 2012, 01:30:25 PM
I don't even see why someone would want to play either of those modes. You're purposefully depriving yourself of the full experience if you do that...
Yeah, that was the first time I saw that dialogue = cutscene shit.  :wth:

Daxdiv

I will admit, I only did the action part in the demo since I didn't want to spoil myself for the story. That and I was hoping that the gameplay was still fun. It's not like I'll be doing pure action when I get the game fully since I did like Mass Effect's story. I just loved how Bioware put a lot of detail into the background of the different alien species.

As for the inclusion of story mode, I blame Hamburger Hepler. Action, just the people that want to blow shit up.

Foggle

Daxdiv

Hey, she was the one that said that game should have a fast forward button that makes you skip the action and just play it for the story or some shit. I can't help but feel that something like this is her fault. Damn you Biodrones!

Foggle

Quote from: Daxdiv on February 17, 2012, 01:38:28 PM
Damn you Biodrones!
On a related note, I just saw this gem in a thread about the PC version getting an HD texture pack:
QuoteTerrible News. BW pandering to PC users once again. Thanks for shafting your original fanbase BW.
Console fanboyism at its finest. The BioWare forum is quite possibly the worst on the internet.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on February 17, 2012, 12:32:59 PM
I know, but all the foxy ladies love his accent! :lol:

Yeah. It drives them crazy,

Spark Of Spirit

My only experience with RE4 is watching people play it for about twenty minutes non-consecutively. I was thinking about RE4, and I almost picked it up today but got Going Commando instead since that was basically a brand new copy (with shiny cover!) for only a tenner and change.

I have a free game there now, so maybe next time!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Well, IMO GC is better... :humhumhum:

Anyway, fuck the boss fight in Dark Legacy 1. It requires precision I am simply not capable of. I really want to play Hunk's level, but I doubt I'll ever get that far. I wish Easy mode was actually, you know, easy. lol