What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

MKWii has amazing courses and alternate vehicles styles as well as upping the max player count. It's truly great.

The one issue is item spam. I'm good enough at MK that I can usually stay in first place regardless, but getting twelve blue shells in the back, followed by being POW Block'd and Lightning'd every two seconds is beyond irritating. Thankfully, they seem to be toning down the items for MK7, but they were a real issue in MKWii. Also making battle mode team ONLY was a bit of a letdown. I wanted a mass free for all as an option, but it just didn't happen.

That said, it's probably the best Mario Kart option-wise. I just prefer Double Dash for having the best gimmick in the series and the best course selection on a whole.

As for NSMBWii, it's like a whole different game whether playing alone or with friends. But still, IMO, the best platformer in the series since 3.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I've been playing more of Arkham Asylum since my baby brother is here with his PS3 which I'm using right now. I loved the Titan boss fight right before you get the line gun or whatever it's called and that's the part I left off on.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Angus

My pup finally got past the final boss in Kirby Epic Yarn, of course, some of the levels were done with zero coins but hey.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

gunswordfist

I beat Arkham Asylum a few nights ago. Great experience. The final boss wasn't good but people act like it was Everything Or Nothing bad.On the same night, I started inFamous for real this time. The game is fun and so far is my 2nd favorite superhero sandbox title. I've been mostly clearing side missions with my little brother. A few complaints: the beginning tutorials are so fucking stupid. I hate barely being able to use any kind of buttons. I hate unskippable cutscenes. The autosave/load system is SO FUCKING STUPID!!!! They should just let you start at the checkpoints they have in missions when you die. Having to start over entire missions when you die is stupid. I also think they made me miss an entire mission when I died once. The only reason to make people start over missions is to not have them stuck in them but the God damn game already solved that problem with its Abandon Mission button.

Spark Of Spirit

We managed to get through Kirby's Return To Dreamland. I daresay it might be the best Kirby game because even though we beat it, we didn't finish it...
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Starting a mad speed-run of Twilight Princess to prepare for Skyward Sword. 8)

Quote from: Desensitized on November 12, 2011, 11:02:23 AM
I daresay it might be the best Kirby game because even though we beat it, we didn't finish it...

Super Star has that, too. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 12, 2011, 11:42:36 AM
I daresay it might be the best Kirby game because even though we beat it, we didn't finish it...

It's honestly the first Kirby game since Super Star that I think stacks up to it and might even better it. I didn't think a Kirby game that had one main game as its base could better Super Star, but after I "finish" it I might have a new favorite.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Desensitized on November 12, 2011, 11:47:15 AM

It's honestly the first Kirby game since Super Star that I think stacks up to it and might even better it. I didn't think a Kirby game that had one main game as its base could better Super Star, but after I "finish" it I might have a new favorite.

I haven't gotten it yet, but that would be awesome. Super Star has been the best by so far for ages (in fact, Melee and Brawl were just made as Super Star worshipers). :P

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 12, 2011, 11:52:05 AM

I haven't gotten it yet, but that would be awesome. Super Star has been the best by so far for ages (in fact, Melee and Brawl were just made as Super Star worshipers). :P
Well, Super Star aside, all the levels are great, meaty, and diverse, the bosses are awesome, the art style is pretty rocking, the powers are the best since Super Star, the music is classic, and the game has perfect controls. Honestly, it's just a blast to play.

Either way, it utterly destroys pretty much every other Kirby game next to Super Star.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Desensitized on November 12, 2011, 11:59:53 AM

Well, Super Star aside, all the levels are great, meaty, and diverse, the bosses are awesome, the art style is pretty rocking, the powers are the best since Super Star, the music is classic, and the game has perfect controls. Honestly, it's just a blast to play.

Either way, it utterly destroys pretty much every other Kirby game next to Super Star.

Aside from Super Star, I find that Kirby was always good but not great, with a few missteps along the way. I'm glad this game looks to change that.

Just remembered a question that I've had for a while. On multiplayer in this game, can the players pick which character they want to play as? Or is every player limited to one character?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 12, 2011, 12:32:20 PM

Aside from Super Star, I find that Kirby was always good but not great, with a few missteps along the way. I'm glad this game looks to change that.

Just remembered a question that I've had for a while. On multiplayer in this game, can the players pick which character they want to play as? Or is every player limited to one character?
You can drop in and out anytime (if you join you take a life, if you leave you give the life back) and can play as a different colored Kirby, Metaknight, King DeDeDe, or Waddle Dee (with a spear) whichever character you want. BUT player one must be Kirby- that's the only restriction.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Desensitized on November 12, 2011, 12:35:35 PM

You can drop in and out anytime (if you join you take a life, if you leave you give the life back) and can play as a different colored Kirby, Metaknight, King DeDeDe, or Waddle Dee (with a spear) whichever character you want. BUT player one must be Kirby- that's the only restriction.

Great. Cause I'll be playing it with someone else. :)

Can the computer also take control of one of them or does it have to be another player?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 12, 2011, 12:53:49 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on November 12, 2011, 12:35:35 PM

Great. Cause I'll be playing it with someone else. :)

Can the computer also take control of one of them or does it have to be another player?
No, there's no helpers in this game unfortunately. You either go it alone or with friends, there's no CPU allies.

gunswordfist

Until my baby brother left yesterday, we were stuck on that help Trisha electric bus mission on Infamous. So far either that or Street Fight is my favorite mission but it's pretty damn hard.

Rynnec

Bought both Viewtiful Joe and Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus today, both for less than $10. A steal if I ever saw one.

Anyway, finished the first episode of VJ, loving the game so far, even if it does get a little frustrating at times (Goddamn that Helicopter boss) I'm sure I'll get better at it eventually (I'm playing on Adults mode if you're wondering). I'll try to play some more of it tommorow.