What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Played the Rayman Origins demo last game. Such a beautiful game and I had fun but the controls were too stiff. I pressed forward and a lot of times, Rayman would just stand there. Maybe it's just my cheap controller. IDK.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

http://deckers.die is the greatest sandbox game mission ever, holy shit. The Third is absolutely one of the best titles in its genre, if not the best.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on November 15, 2011, 01:11:57 AM
Bought both Viewtiful Joe and Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus today, both for less than $10. A steal if I ever saw one.

Anyway, finished the first episode of VJ, loving the game so far, even if it does get a little frustrating at times (Goddamn that Helicopter boss) I'm sure I'll get better at it eventually (I'm playing on Adults mode if you're wondering). I'll try to play some more of it tommorow.
The game is pretty brutal on Adults. Just remember that the Slow-motion move is pretty much how every boss and enemy is meant to be attacked.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Yeah, I pussied out and went to Kids mode after getting my ass utterly handed to me in Adults mode.

Currently on episode 4 in Kids. I'll probably resume my Adults playthrough once I'm finished with that.

Biggest complaint about the game so far? You can't replay level's. :(

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on November 17, 2011, 03:33:19 PM
Yeah, I pussied out and went to Kids mode after getting my ass utterly handed to me in Adults mode.

Currently on episode 4 in Kids. I'll probably resume my Adults playthrough once I'm finished with that.

Biggest complaint about the game so far? You can't replay level's. :(
YES. I have no idea why that wasn't included. Also, a Mega Man style level select would have been cool, too. There's no reason not to have it, really.

Honestly, Capcom should be looking into a 3DS version if anything. I bet the game would be awesome there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Finished Saints Row 3's story mode. It wasn't very long (around 12 hours straight through), but it featured absolutely no filler (every mission was awesome) and there's tons of post-game content. And, of course, it's just fun fucking around with all the hilariously awesome stuff you can unlock and some fairly cool cheats. Speaking of cheats, I can confirm that the Invincible DLC pack is only a paid shortcut to unlocking stuff that isn't even all that hard to get properly in the game. Basically, unlike in Dead Rising 2: Off The Record, it's not actually necessary to pay real money for stuff like unlimited ammo and infinite health, since that particular DLC only exists for lazy people who don't enjoy playing games that offer up any sort of challenge.

Most of the story missions are beyond amazing. My favorites were Return To Steelport, http://deckers.die, My Name Is Cyrus Temple, Murderbrawl XXXI, Three Way, and Gangstas In Space. Crushing cars in a tank or blasting through the city in a VTOL with Burt Reynolds and Hulk Hogan at your side is pretty much unbeatable. The ending credits features a beautiful rendition of Sublime's What I Got sung by all seven MC voice actors and is truly something everyone must experience at least once within their lifetime. Both endings are quite satisfying, though one is definitely better than the other (and more fitting... the "bad" ending is surprisingly depressing). To be honest, my only real complaint about this game is that

*SPOILERS* (not that anyone really cares about the plot)

Johnny Gat, one of my all-time favorite video game characters, dies off-screen during the prologue.

*END SPOILERS*

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sounds pretty awesome. :happytime:

BTW, Is it true that you have the option to play as Itagaki (well, at least in his character model, anyways) in the game if you choose from one of the default character designs rather than creating your own?

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 18, 2011, 08:09:02 AM
BTW, Is it true that you have the option to play as Itagaki (well, at least in his character model, anyways) in the game if you choose from one of the default character designs rather than creating your own?
He's not one of the default character designs, but you can download him pretty easily.

1) Make an account on the Saints Row website and link it to your XBL/PSN/Steam account
2) Search for Itagaki in the Character Gallery and then add him to your queue
3) Click Character Gallery once you reach the character creation screen (after the first level), log in, and select Itagaki from your queue

Alternatively, you can pause the Itagaki gameplay video whenever it shows the sliders and make him yourself.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That sounds good. I'll keep it in mind when I pick up the game, though for this type of game I think I'll just wait a few months for it to come down in price before I decide to pick it up. I'm sure its totally awesome, but since right now Sonic Generations is my priority, I figured that I could afford to wait a little on SRTT.

Oh yeah, I just thought I'd mention that I checked to see how my memory was stored for RE4 (and other games in general, under  system settings). The good news is that it turns out that saved data for all games are stored separately from the actual game file, so I could delete RE4 and re-download it without having to lose my saved game progress (theoretically, anyways), so if downloading it again fixes the problem, then I'll be able to pick up right where I left off. I'm in the process of re-downloading it right now. I hope that's enough to get things working again, otherwise I'm going to have to contact someone as Microsoft to see just what the fuck's up with the game freezing on me at that one specific point.

Until then I guess I'll play some more Arkham City. I'll also finally have time to work on writing up my review for it this weekend. ;)

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 18, 2011, 01:33:40 PM
That sounds good. I'll keep it in mind when I pick up the game, though for this type of game I think I'll just wait a few months for it to come down in price before I decide to pick it up. I'm sure its totally awesome, but since right now Sonic Generations is my priority, I figured that I could afford to wait a little on SRTT.
Can't go wrong with either game. Both are just straight-up fun and have tons of replayability. :thumbup:

Some of the challenges in Sonic Generations are pretty frustrating (and there's some weird bug that can make the final boss either extremely easy or nearly impossible), but once you have all the custom music tracks you want, playing through each level over and over is a blast. Absolutely some of the best Sonic levels of all time, especially the 3D ones.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I've been playing through all of the classic 2D Sonic games for the first time in years to prep up for Generations. ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It worked! :thumbup:

I can now continue playing RE4 right from where I left off.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 18, 2011, 04:43:11 PM
It worked! :thumbup:

I can now continue playing RE4 right from where I left off.

Where are you again?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 18, 2011, 05:01:37 PM
Where are you again?

Well, as of right now I'm on Chapter 4-2, having just gotten past that one boss that looks like it came right out of an Alien movie.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm currently on Chapter 5-1, where I just entered the island. The boss fight with Salazar at the end of Chapter 4 went a lot easier than I expected, because I decided to finally use up my Rocket Launcher since it wasn't really worth the space in my inventory, and then I discovered how overpowered it was since it killed Salazar in just 1 hit. I still kept a separate save slot for right before that fight so that I can do the boss fight properly sometime later on, since I feel obliged to do all boss fights the way that you're meant to on my first run through the game. For the time being, though, I just decided to keep moving on since I had already progressed to the next area of the game (and, plus, its not as if I used any cheats or anything, since I did rightfully find the rocket launcher within the contexts of the game, so I don't feel that guilty about using it to get past the fight).