What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Playing LEGO Batman 2 right now.  Wtf they actually talk in this game.  The characters have never talked in any of the LEGO games I've played(not counting stuff like LEGO Island).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Yeah, I've seen gifs of it where Batman and Superman interact, and I thought that it was like a DTV episode that came with the game or something.

I guess they got tired of doing pantomime with licensed characters in the game, and unlike Star Wars or Indiana Jones, where they'd be expected to get the original actors to voice them but probably couldn't, you can hire random people to play Batman and the rest of the DC universe and no one would care as much.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I tried the Lego Batman 2 demo and it was so weird hearing Clancy Brown's Lex Luthor coming out of the Lego bad guy.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Pikmin 2 is pretty challenging to me, being that I'm awful at strategy games, but I seriously don't see how you could play this without pointer controls. It has to be way too frustrating to bother.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

So BioWare released an extended ending for Mass Effect 3... watched it on YouTube since I didn't feel like reinstalling the game.

A lot of people are still mad, but I'm pretty pleased with it tbh. They fixed all the really noticeable plotholes, and while the basis for the ending is still dumb as hell, they at least bothered to explain things decently this time. I think they made a good effort with something terrible, and I'm happy that they even tried something like this in the first place. I'm actually satisfied with my purchase now and will probably play the game again sometime in the future. :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

Some of those creatures in Pikmin 2 are creepy. But I really enjoy the loot aspect of the caves, and multitasking on the surface is really easy with two leaders and splitting the Pikmin between groups for looting and attacking.

I finally "get" Pikmin! Turns out I just had to play the second game with Wii controls to understand it.  :D

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I told you the second game completely eclipses the first. Have you had a chance to try the multiplayer? It's an absolute blast having 2 opposing Pikmin armies fighting for prizes on a single map.

Spark Of Spirit

No, I've only really gotten around to the main game. Those bugs shaped like bread are so annoying to get rid off, and they keep trying to steal your loot. The last floor of one of the caves had a huge amount of those and some of those electric beetles. I'm still not sure how I managed to get through, but yellow and purple Pikmin are the best.  ;D

Kiddington

Found my copy of Sunshine.

Wish me luck, guys.

Spark Of Spirit

^Play Pikmin 2 instead.

I now have 8099/10000 treasure needed to beat the game. I hope I can do it!

gunswordfist

I've been continuing to play Red Dead Redemption for about a week straight now. Before that, I was playing it here and there. The game did have a lot of boring missions in America but I love the Mexico part of the game so much. I passed that part like an hour ago today, the Ricketts mission a day ago. The game would be so much better if it was more like the Mexico parts. The cannon part was pretty fun.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 27, 2012, 04:22:53 PM
^Play Pikmin 2 instead.

I now have 8099/10000 treasure needed to beat the game. I hope I can do it!

Well... as tempting as that is, I already made a commitment to Sunshine, though. I said I was going to start from the beginning and finally beat it in full this time, and I plan on sticking with it (for now, anyway; we'll see how I feel in a few days  :thinkin:).

Couple of thoughts from playing it earlier today; now, is it just me, or is Petey Piranha the weirdest Mario character ever? I mean, that first boss battle with him is... something, all right.

Also, one other thing; the soundtrack in this game... other than this (which is awesome), it, for the most part, just does nothing for me. Bianca Hills in particular is just really, really bland. Other than the one I posted, and maybe the Delfino Plaza theme (which is kinda catchy), a lot of these songs are pretty unmemorable. Feels like that's part of the problem whenever I play it; the music just doesn't stick with me at all.

Rynnec

Speaking of Secret Level's; have you gotten to any of the FLUDD-less ones yet? Those were easily the best part of the game.

Spark Of Spirit

I now have 8900 treasure and am at a loss as to where to go next, and the last area still isn't unlocked. I'm really glad there's no time limit in this game as it gets harder to find stuff the further you go into the game.

Kiddington

Quote from: Rynnec on June 27, 2012, 09:26:36 PM
Speaking of Secret Level's; have you gotten to any of the FLUDD-less ones yet? Those were easily the best part of the game.

Yeah, the very first. And yeah, agreed; those are the best parts of the game. Classic Mario platforming.

Really though, I don't have that much of a problem with FLUDD when it comes right down to it. I just think it would have been better off as a side item (kinda like the Caps in SM64), rather than requiring you to use it basically all the time (and with the way these levels are built, it's almost impossible not to). It's fun to mess around with on occasion, but otherwise, it just feels like a distracting gimmick that you're being forced to use. And then there's that whole thing where you have to go around and clean up Shadow Mario's paint mess, and that's... just an absolute bore.

I don't hate FLUDD, but I could still do without it, for the most part.