What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Yesterday on Sonic Generations, I beat Perfect Chaos, Egg Emperor, Metal Sonic and Shadow. I liked all of them except Egg Emperor. The 2nd half ruins that fight. Nice little boss battle against Perfect Chaos, namely the floating platforms. This reminds me of how little I played Sonic Adventure. Metal Sonic was a short but sweet battle. I almost never got any rings but it still wasn't that hard. On Shadow I ended up fighting him for more than 20 minutes because I ignored what the game told me to do for a bit then when I paid attention, Shadow had like over 400 rings. I still had fun though and I like how the music reminds me of Jet Set/Grind. Seems like they got bosses down good.

I got all the way past Crisis City. I'm guessing that level is from Shadow The Hedgehog because I have no clue why Sonic would fight demons.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Actually, its from Sonic '06, if I'm not mistaken, which to this day is considered to be the worst Sonic game ever released. If you count Shadow the Hedgehog as a Sonic game, even if its just a spin-off, most fans would say that its close behind as the 2nd worst Sonic game in existence.

gunswordfist

Then Sonic '0 is worse than I thought. That didn't feel like I was playing a Sonic game at all.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, it is called the worst Sonic game of all time for a reason. :>

talonmalon333

If we count spin-offs, Sonic R can give it competition, though. :gonk:

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Or Sonic 3D Blast.

What? It gives me a headache.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm sure most people would agree that those are all bad, but I think its pretty much a consensus among fans that Shadow the Hedgehog is by far the worst Sonic spin-off, and that Sonic '06 is the worst thing to come out of the entire franchise, period.

Avaitor

I actually didn't hate Shadow the Hedgehog all too much... the platforming that is.

The shooting and bike riding though? Blahhhh. Still, I wouldn't argue that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on July 18, 2012, 06:43:32 PM
Or Sonic 3D Blast.

What? It gives me a headache.

:srs:

Why am I the only one that likes this game? Damn it guys, stop making me feel weird.  :frown:

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Kiddington on July 18, 2012, 08:08:02 PM
:srs:

Why am I the only one that likes this game? Damn it guys, stop making me feel weird.  :frown:

Are you talking about the Genesis version or the Saturn version? I've actually heard that the Saturn version is notably better than the Genesis version, and some people really like it, but that the Genesis version suffers from a lot more problems. Ironically, though, I heard that the better Saturn version has a much weaker soundtrack, whereas the apparently inferior Genesis version does boast a pretty good sountrack itself. I haven't played the game, myself, so I can't comment on whether I think its any good or not.

Spark Of Spirit

The only Sonic spin-off (non-platformer) I've really liked was Sonic Battle. Though I hear the GBA pinball one was pretty good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

What about Knuckles Chaotix? I recall saying that you enjoyed it the one time that you played it. I still need to try that game for myself, as well.

Spark Of Spirit

That was a platformer, and it was fun from what I remember. But I'd need to play it again to be sure.