Sitcoms

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 07, 2011, 08:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 23, 2012, 11:43:28 PM
I have recently found myself watching Golden Girls.
It's a classic, IMO.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2012, 02:36:51 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 23, 2012, 11:43:28 PM
I have recently found myself watching Golden Girls.
It's a classic, IMO.

I love that show. This was the first thing I watched that included Betty White and showed me how much of an awesome person she is.

Angus

Heh, Golden Girls where she's within her demographic, unlike Hot in Cleveland, where the sitcom women gather but she's still funny.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Avaitor

So I found season 4 of Seinfeld for $6 at GoodWill, but passed on it for whatever reason.

I should probably go back.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Yes, you should.

They're actually pretty cheap everywhere I see them now, though, so I suppose it's not that overly crucial. Whenever Target has them in stock, they're usually about $10 or so.

Goldstar

The only sitcom that I'm currently watching is 30 Rock, and even then, the earlier seasons were better. The show is at it's worst when it focuses far too much on Liz and Jack's romantic relationships. Thank goodness for Comedy Central showing the reruns of seasons 1-4.

Regarding The Big Bang Theory, that's honestly a better idea than it is a show. TBBT should be a comedic celebration of nerd/geek culture, kind of Welcome to Eltingville meets Weird Science. It has the potential to be so much more than just the theme of "These nerds don't know anything about women" week after week.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

True, but even then, we already have Community for that nowadays.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

So Whitney Cummings is getting her own talk show on E!

New blog!

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

I miss the old days where you were run out of Hollywood on a rail when you failed hard.

The talentless are given way too many chances these days. (Compare Ashlee Simpson to Milli Vanilli or R. Kelly to Michael Jackson for examples)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

On top of that, TV By The Numbers seems to think that her sitcom is probably going to be renewed now after all.

Why do people like this woman?

Spark Of Spirit

Wow, good sitcoms have been canceled for less.   :-\

I wish Hollywood was more in touch with what people actually wanted.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 08, 2012, 04:52:02 PM

It is in touch. Just happens to be in touch with the dumb people.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 08, 2012, 04:53:06 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 08, 2012, 04:52:02 PM

It is in touch. Just happens to be in touch with the dumb people.
"Dumb people" must encase a pretty small audience, then.  This show is doing miserably, and I have yet to meet anyone who likes it.

She must know the "right" people.

Kiddington

What I don't get is, who are they even renewing this show for? Almost everybody on the internet hates it. The marketing campaign leading up to it last summer was a total disaster (and probably what turned people off so quickly to begin with, other than the show being complete garbage of course). And the ratings suck. They had to move it off of Thursday nights after only a few weeks; it was drawing in numbers even worse than Steve Carrell-less Office, which is practically in full-blown zombie mode by now.

It's like she's got the dirt on people that actually matter in Hollywood, and that's why she sticks around. I can't explain it otherwise.