Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

A year is about how long they took to make the Banjo games I think (not counting the time spent developing Dream). They said when Yooka-Laylee got funded that Unity works like their old N64 tools but in a much easier and more efficient manner, so I'm not surprised they may actually be able to make their estimated release window.

Sounds like there will be a new magazine article next week, so hopefully footage will follow (E3?)!

Spark Of Spirit

In celebration, let's post the Honest Trailer for Banjo Kazooie!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Those animal noises are not awful! >:(

Fun video. I love how I never actually realized how truly bizarre this game is until I heard someone explain it verbally. That delightful weirdness really went into overdrive with Banjo-Tooie, and I hope we get to see plenty more of it in Yooka-Laylee!

Foggle

I've been waiting 15 years for this... :cry:

Spark Of Spirit

Hey, Laylee's red nose is like an underwater flashlight! That's hilarious. They weren't kidding when they said they chose these animals specifically for what they can do with them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Publishing corporation...yep, not subtle at all!!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Prey is getting rebooted by the Dishonored devs. The trailer is all pre-rendered, but it's extremely well done from a narrative and direction standpoint, and it looks to resemble System Shock 2 like the leaks a couple years back said. The loss of Prey 2 still hurts, but this new version also looks cool, and it's from a talented studio.

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2016, 12:45:19 AM
Id is at it again:

Quake Champions announced.
I'm not really liking this tbh. I thought we'd be getting Quake 5, but instead it's a multiplayer-only "hero shooter" a la Overwatch and Battleborn.

That said, I was wrong about both New Order and Doom 4 when they were announced, so maybe this one will also live up to the legacy.

Spark Of Spirit

As long as it's fun, I'm good with it.

Id seems to be on the right track recently, though, so we'll see.

Foggle

Holy shit. Prey is being written by Chris Avellone!? One of the greatest writers in the entire game industry, if not the greatest? Now I'm REALLY excited. :drool:

gunswordfist

Anyone want to make the E3 2016 thread? I forgot to and now I am going to sleep lol
Quote from: Foggle on June 13, 2016, 12:49:01 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2016, 12:45:19 AM
Id is at it again:

Quake Champions announced.
I'm not really liking this tbh. I thought we'd be getting Quake 5, but instead it's a multiplayer-only "hero shooter" a la Overwatch and Battleborn.

That said, I was wrong about both New Order and Doom 4 when they were announced, so maybe this one will also live up to the legacy.
Gaah, of course it is multiplayer only. I was hoping it wasn't
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Angry Joe uploaded a preview of Nioh where he also sort of interviews one of the developers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HHAmSRFbX4

Not much new information here, but the gameplay footage is mostly all new, so that's pretty cool.

Mustang

At the moment the only games I'm actually waiting for are Shenmue 3 and Tekken 7. I have all the games I've been waiting for. Now it's just a matter of putting aside the fighting games for a moment and actually playing said games.

I suppose if I'm going by just this past E3 then nothing if I'm gonna be honest about it. I can say I'm waiting for Final Fantasy 7 and 15, but I'm iffy on both games. I'm not sold on episodic games when it comes to FF7. So many thoughts run through my head when it comes to that thought. "Is Square gonna charge for each episode? Are they gonna charge for additional DLC? Will there be a season pass?" Just a few things there. As for Final Fantasy 15, I've always been of the opinion that developers should take as much time they need to complete a game, but there comes a time when too long is too long. I've lost all the enthusiasm that I once had for this game (Was very much excited for it when it was still Versus) and quite frankly I wouldn't even care if they scrapped the project at this point. I'm gonna still get it, but I'm at that point when it comes to FF15.

I think that if the rumors were true and Capcom announced DMC5 I'd have been giddy, but at the same time I think because of last years E3, I wasn't expecting much from this year.

Zelda looks pretty.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

To be fair, there's a slight chance that DMC5 is in development and that Capcom just isn't far along enough in the project to show anything off yet. Hideaki Itsuno did announce around the beginning of the year that he had started development on a new game, which people speculated would be either DMC5 or DD2, though it could also be a new IP for all that we know. Nothing which Capcom announced at E3 this year had his name attached to it AFAIK, meaning that his project still hasn't been been revealed to the public so far. Additionally, just a few months ago, Johnny Yong Bosch tweeted a picture of him and Rueben Langdon dressed in motion capture equipment, and as we all know, those two previously worked together doing that same job for DMC4, as Nero and Dante respectively. And while some people suggested that it might have just been to record new footage for that DMC pachinko machine, I'd like to believe that JYB wouldn't be such a monumental troll to his fans.

That said, I'm still not keeping my hopes up for that game to be announced. Lately, Capcom doesn't really seem to care about any of its franchises that don't have Street, Evil, or Hunter in the title.