The Pokemon Topic

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 27, 2010, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

They are headquartered right here in Norfolk too, I drive past their building every once in a while.  Also sometimes you'll hear on the news about people throwing old fish or steaks or something all over the front of the building, it's kind of funny.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daxdiv

gunswordfist

How different is Black compared to White?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

So, aside from Audinos, it's really hard to train your Pokemon. None of the wild ones offer much experience. And trainers are pretty slim.

Foggle

WILD CAML JUMP OUT
GO AWAY
SCRAAH
HIT TO KEY
EN'SCAML PRIZE
ONE RESULT

GXI HUGEBALL BALL FUCK

SICIB - BE PROUD OF HARD BODY. KNOCK EACH OTHER TO COMPETE.

I AM MONSTER COACH, I SEE YOU FROM WUSIJI DR. GRADUATE SCHOOL

GO TO THE ELF'S WORLD WELCOME! EVERYONE CALL ME ELF MONSTER

Spoiler
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

GameFreak is a fantastic game developer.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

So apparently there's this new Pokemon that was supposedly once a human and now carries a mask that resembles their human face. People are gathering these supposed "extremely dark and screwed up" connotations from this... as if they've never heard of common ghost folklore.

You know, 15 years ago, they created this Pokemon called "Cubone". And I don't think they'll ever get darker than that.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I like how folklore and rumors are passed off as information in the Pokedex.

Lazy ass professors.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on March 09, 2013, 01:28:32 AM
I like how folklore and rumors are passed off as information in the Pokedex.

Lazy ass professors.
Since when did Ph.Ds mean anything in Kanto?

Daxdiv

To be fair, most of the earlier entries do feel like they were written by little kids. Blame Oak for sending his grandson and his rival into the wild to collect data on these monsters.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, how are the stories in the newer games? Its not like I expect high-class story-telling or anything like that, but have they evolved a bit beyond sending out some 10-year-old to venture by himself into the wild and travel to strange new towns to get into fights with other trainers?

Granted that, its probably the simplicity and general lack of focus on the story of the early games that actually made them appeal to me in the first place, and why I actually managed to finish them compared to other JRPGs (as I can do without the pretentious narratives that plague 90% of the other games in the genre).

talonmalon333

I hear Black and White added a few sprinkles of depth here and there.

Spark Of Spirit

I heard positive things about the B&W story though I never heard about 2.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Check out Mewtwo's new look.

It's... new. I can't say I hate it, but it's new.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

Mewthree? The experiment gone right?