Electric Solverz Problemgon

Started by Dr. Insomniac, April 04, 2011, 11:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

So yeah, talk about CN's new seizure show here. I watched two minutes, and it was enough to make my head ache.

Spark Of Spirit

Everything that is wrong with modern animation in one show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quite possibly the most putrid, vile cartoon I have ever laid eyes on. Between one of the main characters being a walking turd, and the other two human characters being as ass backwards ugly as possible, I have never seen a worse looking animated series in my life. Ever.

You know what really got to me, though? It wasn't even funny. Throughout the months that I've criticized this thing, I'd always get people yelling at me to "give it a chance; at least it'll be FUNNEH!!!1" until they were blue in the face. I was being told to put aside backwater production values because of its supposed comedic value. Well... hey, here we are, premiere episode, and where the hell are the jokes? What was I supposed to be laughing at? This wasn't funny; this was inane. There wasn't even a freakin' plot of which to speak of, for one thing. Was that supposed to be funny?

Sigh. And to think, CN was doing so good for a while there. Regular Show and Sym-Bionic Titan are/were top class, and we have the Looney Tunes project on the way. Young Justice rocks. Adventure Time is OK in small doses... really, things were looking up. What the hell happened? How did something so completely and utterly terrible manage to slip through the cracks like this?

Daxdiv

I think I only laughed once at the episode that aired last night and I forgot the joke I laughed at. It was pretty forgettable for me, almost as forgettable as Squirrel Boy. The only positive I can give this series was that it actually looked OK on my HD TV. That's it. Well CN, looks like after Regular Show ends, I'm switching to USA and catch the last 15 minutes of Tough Enough. If it wasn't 9:00 PM when I first watched this show I probably would have went for a walk, for this show has bad touched me.

Commode

Heh. cool title.  It probably fits it quite well.

I think at the time VeemonJosh and Ruth mentioned that this was on in the chat last night, I was watching "The Biggest Douche in the Universe".  I regret nothing.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daxdiv

I know we don't talk ratings and such around these parts, but I thought I should point out that Electric Solverz Problemgon (I just like that nickname now) was the lowest rated show of the night.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 05, 2011, 07:01:58 PM
I know we don't talk ratings and such around these parts, but I thought I should point out that Electric Solverz Problemgon (I just like that nickname now) was the lowest rated show of the night.
Proof that there is a God, justice, karma, and people with brains in this world.

How's that for overreaction?  :happytime:

Still, glad to see this suck in the ratings.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

It wasn't that big of a jump off from what I saw. Since it probably costs nothing for them to make, they might still keep it around anyway.

I can see the ratings drop even lower though, so don't count anything out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Best part is that it was the premiere so new episodes should do even worse.  :blush:

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on April 05, 2011, 07:30:25 PM
What's the matter? Too DEEP for you?

http://www.tcj.com/artistic-modern-funnies-ben-jones-problem-solverz/
Quote[Full disclosure: I first met and began working with Ben in 2000. I've published all of Ben's books, curated and written for him, and we're close pals. This is a rare enthusiasm-driven piece.]
And that's about it for me.

Kiddington

Just for comparison' sake, Robotomy scored a 1.7 rating during its initial premiere. This coming with absolutely no promotion or build-up whatsoever, whereas Problem Solverz, on the other hand, had gotten at least several weeks of promotion before last night.

Maybe kids today don't have as bad of taste as I thought.  .3.

Foggle

Had no idea what this shit was until I saw the pictures in that link.

Wish I still had no idea.

Neomysterion X. Prime

Darn, I missed/wasn't aware of the series premiere. I'll watch it on CN Video and tell you fellas what I think about Problem Solverz.
Kids will just laugh at anything nowadays... :P

Aurora

Screw U guys! Tis show rawks don't listen 2 stoopid critics i <3 Electric Solverz Problemgon  best cartoon ever!  :P

Spark Of Spirit

Sigh

I thought chdr had some semblance of taste.

Sorry about that, but this is one of the few shows that I will be extreme in my hate over. The fact that something like this is allowed to exist because of tertiary reasons that have nothing to do with the actual content is not creativity. It's commentary. And the actual commentary has nothing important to say, which makes it factually worthless in existing at all.

It's why I hate most modern art and artists is their inability to see the forest that surrounds their lone tree and realize that speaking to the audience by talking around them is insulting.

Oh yeah, and the show is animated like shit, looks like shit, is written like shit, and is shit.

It offers nothing.