Which Game Series Are Dead To You?

Started by gunswordfist, April 14, 2011, 01:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Ah, cool. I think it came from that Game Informer article a while ago, it mentioned something about multiplayer and it just seemed like a really dumb idea. I haven't really kept up with news of the game though.

The Heavy Rain thing comes from how it doesn't really strike me as survival horror, but more story driven I guess. I'm just jumping to conclusions on that one though, especially since from the summary I remembered, it had nothing to do with the past towns or characters.

Foggle

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on April 20, 2011, 09:05:25 PM
The Heavy Rain thing comes from how it doesn't really strike me as survival horror, but more story driven I guess. I'm just jumping to conclusions on that one though, especially since from the summary I remembered, it had nothing to do with the past towns or characters.
Ah, I see what you mean now. When I think of Heavy Rain, I think of awkward controls and people turning a terrible movie into a somewhat cool video game, not story-over-gameplay focus. :lol:

Sorry about being kind of a dick in my previous post.

Spark Of Spirit

TMNT until Ubisoft loses the rights, also. They've only ever made one good game (The GBA one) every other one has been abysmal. While Konami's games last gen were average to bleh, they at least tried to make competent games despite never matching up to their classic arcade and console games. Ubisoft just sucks.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

What doesn't count? The series or the line of games?

Either way they used to be good, and now they're crap.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

While it's not dead, I do fear for Resident Evil. Looking at all the games they have released and are releasing since 2005, I feel like Capcom just doesn't know what it wants to do with the series. I like the recent games, but not as much as I used to. RE1 and RE2 are definitely my favorites.

Does that mean I lack faith in the series? No. It's in my top 5 and I'll probably always follow it.

Eddy

Star Fox. It hasn't had a good game since Star Fox 64. I'll admit I kind of liked Adventures, but a Star Fox game it was not. I fucking hated Assault. The Star Fox minigame in WarioWare: Smooth Moves was better than Assault. And now what we have to look forward to is a port of Star Fox 64, which is great and all and I plan on getting it when I eventually get a 3DS, but if I really want to play Star Fox 64 again I can pop it in my N64. How about a NEW Star Fox game that captures what made Star Fox 64 so amazing?

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on July 07, 2011, 02:41:35 AM
I fucking hated Assault.
FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME! Assault was garbage. The Arwing levels weren't bad, but they couldn't compare to the stuff from 64, and they were only 1/3 of the game. The rest was horrifically bad.

Eddy

Quote from: Foggle on July 07, 2011, 09:46:15 AMFINALLY, SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME! Assault was garbage. The Arwing levels weren't bad, but they couldn't compare to the stuff from 64, and they were only 1/3 of the game. The rest was horrifically bad.
My sentiments exactly. Whenever I reached a new stage in Assault it was disappointing to find out it was going to be another clunky, clumsy, third-person shooter on-foot mission. Which it more often than not was. Ugh.

The only good thing Assault had going for it, aside from the Arwing stages which we just alright, was the soundtrack. And that's mostly because the soundtrack was just orchestrated music from Star Fox 64.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on April 22, 2011, 07:51:02 PM

It's a license not a game series

Spark Of Spirit

They need to let Treasure make a Star Fox game. After Sin & Punishment 2, there is no better team to handle it.

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 07, 2011, 10:20:57 AM
Quote from: Desensitized on April 22, 2011, 07:51:02 PM

It's a license not a game series
Same difference to me.

gunswordfist

Loved how you have Treasure and tmnt in one sentence. Guess what I still want?

Kiddington

I'll admit; I actually loved Adventures. It was a fun, action-adventure title, and I thought it was kinda cool to see these characters in a new light. The graphics were absolutely beautiful, as well; it's a damn fine looking game all around. But yeah, you are right about one thing; a Star Fox game that simply was not.

...and unfortunately though, I do also kinda blame it for what we got with Assault. Now that Fox wasn't officially restricted to the cockpit of an Arwing, I guess they figured it was fair game for he and his buddies to run around and shoot stuff now. Or something; I dunno. I didn't really care for Assault either, though.

Spark Of Spirit

You Star Fox fans that love 64... You did play Sin & Punishment 2, right? If not, GO FUCKING DO THAT! Seriously brilliant game, and one of this gen's best.

Rynnec

As much as I view Assault and Command as completely and utterly inferior to 64, I do think they have better multiplayer modes. 64's multiplayer mode just seemed boring.