Animation Revelation Mafia!

Started by Daxdiv, April 28, 2011, 10:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Welcome one and all to another game that I'm trying out. Instead of the usual "Greatest" Threads, I decided to bring over a new game to AR. This game is called Mafia. This will explain the rules of the game and what to expect:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(game)

the tl;dr version is this. It's a game that puts an informed minority against and uninformed majority. The minority are the bad guys and the majority are the good guys. The job is to find the mafia goons and survive the game, or in the mafia case, blend into their surroundings and kill off all the unsuspecting villagers.

There are two parts to every round, a Day and Night. The game starts off at a Night time setting where everyone PMs me their actions for the night. After I received everything of note, daytime will begin and there will be a death. During Daytime, you will post in this thread to discuss who could be the mafia depending on the clues left at the scene of the crime and who you decide to execute/lynch for the day. You can either vote for a player in the game or not to lynch. If you lynch someone, they die and they're out of the game. If you don't, nothing happens. After that happens, we go back into night and the cycle begins again.

With this variation, I'll be given out 8-9 roles, depending on participation. I figure we start out small since we're a pretty small community and this is my first time being the GM in this game. So in a way, AR is just a testing ground for me and you're all my guinea pigs. :P The roles will consist of 1 Detective, 1 Nurse, 1 Hooker, 1 Assassin, 2-3 Villagers, and 2 Mafia

Here are the responsibilities of the roles I provided.

Villager (Good Guy) - This job can't do a thing. They're good aligned and they're normally used as cannon fodder for the Mafia to kill or for the daytime lynchings. Good luck with that.

Detective (Good Guy) - Once a night, this job can see other player's roles. You send me the name of the person you want to scout and I will tell you their role.

Hooker (Good Guy) - This job can prevent another person from doing their job for a night. They can block a Mafia kill and won't die as a result, cause you basically sex them to the point that they forgot they were going to kill someone.

Nurse (Good Guy) - This job can prevent another person from dying for one night.  They will die if they end up protecting a player that has been targeted by the Mafia or if they end up protecting a Mafia member. If that happens the person the Mafia was originally aiming for will be negated for the night.

Assassin (Good Guy)- This guy is a good guy that can choose to kill someone at night. However, in this version of the game, he can only use this ability once. So think carefully on whom you want to kill. Also, if they are lynched and they didn't use their assassin ability, they can choose another member to die alongside with them.

Mafia (Bad Guys) - This job is the "villain" of this game. In this game, there are 2 people that are assigned Mafia and they both know who they are. Their job is to come out top at the end and win it for their team. They both meet and talk about who they want to kill for the night and then they send me a PM on whom they want to kill.

Any questions, comments, concerns, and all that shit? Then sign up.

Pharass

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You can count me in as well, assuming that we get enough other people to participate in this game.