Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

To be fair, Bryan Singer wrote the screenplay for that film, not Goldman, and Vaughn just directed it. Singer writes great stories and characters and is a great director, but he has written terrible dialogue from time to time.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on May 07, 2015, 09:42:31 PM
Aw, I didn't think any of the dialogue in First Class was cringe-worthy.

Mutant and proud, motherfucker! :sly:

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

The script for DOFP was fantastic, just some of the lines in FC are a bit odd now. Like ^ that one.

Still, it's a really good film-- easily the best since X2 even if DOFP completely surpasses it.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 07, 2015, 09:41:36 PM
It's a shame Vaughn's only producing the new Fantastic Four movie. Would do wonders to alleviate the mountain of doubt for that film.
I was actually surprised when I saw the trailer in during Ultron. It looked a lot better than I thought it would. I mean, I haven't been keeping up with it at all, but it was a surprisingly well done trailer. I don't know what it says for the final product, but whoever did the trailer did a good job.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 07, 2015, 09:44:45 PM
Was that... an actual line? Because I just watched the movie a few weeks ago and I don't remember it. I thought they used the only allotted PG-13 "fuck" in the Wolverine scene...

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 07, 2015, 09:46:48 PM
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 07, 2015, 09:44:45 PM
Was that... an actual line? Because I just watched the movie a few weeks ago and I don't remember it. I thought they used the only allotted PG-13 "fuck" in the Wolverine scene...
It's a line. Believe me. I was watching it with other people again a few months ago and I did cringe. Like being hit with a truck of subtlety.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That exact line was said twice in the movie....minus one word, maybe. :D

Foggle

Ewwww. I must have just ignored it, then.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

FF4 actually has a really solid cast. Miles Teller in particular turned in a brilliant performance in Whiplash last year. That said, I can't speak at all for the director, as I've never seen any of his films, and the only one that I even know about is a found footage film called Chronicle.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, that and the rumors about Doctor Doom's portrayal are what get to me the most.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You mean about how he's supposedly going to be an evil blogger in this movie? :sly:

Foggle

Speaking of evil bloggers, if they don't bring back JK Simmons for the Spider-Man re-reboot, they may as well not make it at all.

Spark Of Spirit

Of course they will. It's mandatory at this point.

Dr. Insomniac

And just to fuck with the audience, have Jonah make stealth references to what happened in the Raimi films so bloggers will make mountains of conspiracy theories and charts about it.

Spark Of Spirit

As long as Raimi gets to write his dialogue.