Survival Horror

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, May 10, 2011, 12:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 10, 2015, 08:49:21 PM
I was unaware that you didn't know this. People were basically freaking out because Sony basically "acquired Team Silent" around Siren's release.
I was 10... :P

Unfortunately, they haven't had the chance to do a whole lot yet.
Well, they made three pretty fantastic horror games. Just wish they'd finish Gravity Rush 2 already so they could maybe do another!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on September 10, 2015, 08:55:58 PM
I was unaware that you didn't know this. People were basically freaking out because Sony basically "acquired Team Silent" around Siren's release.
Was that when these games came out? I'm still confused about how you age.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

The first one came out in 2003. I remember watching the trailer on my friend's PS2 demo disc when I was 9 and practically shitting myself. :lol:

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Foggle on September 10, 2015, 08:23:30 PM
Just found out that Project Siren apparently employs a lot of people from Team Silent, and was founded by the director/writer of the original Silent Hill. No wonder those games are so good.

And pretend I mentioned Eternal Darkness in the previous post.

What games are they currently working on?

Foggle

Gravity Rush 2, presumably for PS4.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on September 10, 2015, 08:55:58 PM
Kids these days. With that said, I had no clue Sony had the Silent Hill team.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

So apparently Junji Ito was also working on Silent Hills.

Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, and Junji Ito. That's a fucking horror dream team. Unbelievable.

Konami disgusts me so much.

talonmalon333

Hey, Konami is the best. Kojima just left because he was a loser. He would have faded into obscurity decades ago without them. Hopefully he'll go back to whatever dump he came from while Konami continues producing gold.

You're crazy. Absolutely crazy.

Foggle

Friends, please, if you have a Wii U and any interest in horror games, I implore you to buy the new Fatal Frame either on release day or shortly afterward. This may be the series' last chance in the west, and it's being jeopardized by a sudden uproar of anger over two optional fanservice outfits being replaced by Nintendo costumes. I know $50 is a lot to ask for a digital game, but this series is excellent and very important to me, and I don't want to see it die because of something so stupid. Every purchase helps, seriously.

At the very least, download the free demo and see if you like it. Even simple trial downloads might help show Nintendo that people have interest in these games.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If I owned a Wii-U, I would totally hit that up. Unfortunately, I don't own any current-gen consoles as of yet. :(

Daxdiv

There are many thing about Fatal Frame 5 that makes me feel like Nintendo of America is trying their hardest to make sure this game fails. With the little to no marketing of the game and it being digital only. I mean, if they're worried about it failing, why not do some marketing for it other than a trailer on your damned YT channel that uses the "spoopy" meme? It's like you're setting up to fail and then when fans ask about another game, you'll just point towards your manufactured failure as a reason to why you're not doing anything more with it. Seriously, I kinda forgot that this game was coming out until the uproar about the bikini being removed in favor of a ZSS and Zelda clothing.

Also 10-15 GB to download this thing? I hope you have an external hard drive. I know hindsight is 20/20 and all, but it does kinda make me wish that I could just buy the game off the eShop when I don't have sufficient space like I can with Steam. Shit annoyed me when I wanted to buy a few Wii games when they were discounted.

Daikun

Quote from: Daxdiv on October 20, 2015, 06:45:20 PMAlso 10-15 GB to download this thing? I hope you have an external hard drive.

Actually, that's pretty light nowadays. There are much worse examples out there. Since we're now in the terabyte era of computing, 10GB is getting off easy.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Daikun on October 20, 2015, 06:50:16 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on October 20, 2015, 06:45:20 PMAlso 10-15 GB to download this thing? I hope you have an external hard drive.

Actually, that's pretty light nowadays. There are much worse examples out there. Since we're now in the terabyte era of computing, 10GB is getting off easy.

With a system that highest built-in GB is 32? That's almost like 1/3-1/2 the console storage space. I have to think about what to delete in this case since I don't have enough space to download it on my system as it is. Damn eShop and retro games taking up all that space.

Foggle

I mean, I agree with you 100% about the lack of marketing and the no retail disc/super large download size. But even some people who were interested in it before aren't going to buy it now because of two costumes, and that makes me sad. :(

Spark Of Spirit

I must be the only person that doesn't care about costumes unless it's a retro costume for some rebooted series. Even in fighting games I use the default character colors.

Guess I'm just weird that way.  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton