Neon Genesis Evangelion

Started by Avaitor, May 10, 2011, 01:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

There's rumors the final Rebuild will be as long as 4 hours. Someone said 6 hours, but it was tongue-in-cheek.

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 08, 2020, 01:49:32 PMThere's rumors the final Rebuild will be as long as 4 hours. Someone said 6 hours, but it was tongue-in-cheek.

Who wants to bet someone will start a #ReleaseTheAnnoCut hashtag for that version?

Daikun

Trailer for the final movie.

Release date: January 23, 2021

Daikun

Finally, the saga is complete.

Dr. Insomniac

Some clips from the new movie leaked, and...

Spoiler

Why are Kaworu and Rei a couple?
[close]

Markness

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 12, 2021, 03:17:53 AM
Some clips from the new movie leaked, and...

Spoiler

Why are Kaworu and Rei a couple?
[close]

Well, they do have parts of the souls of Adam and Lilith.

Avaitor

Didn't the new translation write out Kaworu's queer subtext by Gainax's request? This seems like a hell of an overcorrection.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

It's Khara now. Gainax is a corpse these days.

Markness

If you are also familiar with the Kabbalah in Jewish mysticism, Lilith was the first wife of Adam before God created Eve. If Rebuild is still consistent with the original anime in regarding Kaworu and Rei's souls, they are both derived from the Angels Adam and Lilith.

Dr. Insomniac

Still very odd when Rei and Kaworu have little personal history with each other in all the timelines I've seen.

Spoiler
Somehow not as confusing as Shinji/Mari though. Maybe in context, the full movie will explain things better, but they barely even talked to each other in the last two. Same thing with Asuka and Kensuke. I'm not into Eva shipping, but it's hard to get these pairings.
[close]

Daikun

The NDA that Netflix made the VAs sign for their dub has expired. Amanda Winn Lee reveals an interesting behind-the-scenes tidbit.

https://twitter.com/amandawinnlee/status/1376266147750797312

Daikun