E3 2011 Thread

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, May 12, 2011, 04:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Yes.

Fuck yes.

I hope we get to see what the next zone to make it into the game is at E3, because my hype is at max.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on May 19, 2011, 07:44:00 PM
Yes.

Fuck yes.

I hope we get to see what the next zone to make it into the game is at E3, because my hype is at max.
:'( Multiple levels in one stage!That's exactly what I wanted. And the Green Hill theme makes me  :'( every time. It make me feel nostalgia more than absolutely anything.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

I actually have high hopes for Sonic Generations. Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors renewed faith in this series for me, but they alone aren't a true comeback.

Spark Of Spirit

For the Adventure fans here:

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Why didn't none of you sonz of bitcha tell me Moon Driver was already out? Played the demo last night and loved the hell out of it. E3 better have other hack n slashers.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Gryptonite Games is working on a 3DS Shinobi for Sega

Possible E3 announcement (with console version?) inbound. Here's hoping it's Platinum.

Spark Of Spirit

Halo 1 remake, GoW XBLA game, and a possible Alan Wake 2 announcement sounds like a solid E3 for MS. Give me a new Shadow Complex and a good SoXBLA and I'll give them a solid.

talonmalon333

Speculation!

Nintendo's 2011 E3 > Nintendo's 2010 E3

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Honestly, if Microsoft has a Shadow Complex 2 announcement at E3, that'll be enough to redeem them from the rest of what they'll likely put out for this E3, which will likely be a bunch of boring, predictable stuff. An Alan Wake 2 announcement would also help them quite a bit, IMO.

A Halo HD remake would be pretty awesome, but I can't say that I'd be surprised about an announcement like that, honestly.

Spark Of Spirit

I just hope MS doesn't have a ton of Kinect crap again. The last year's conference was ass.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 30, 2011, 03:36:00 PM
Speculation!

New 3DS games, the Cafe, Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Xenoblade, The Last Story, and surprise announcements.

If this isn't at least as good, then I'll be shocked.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Desensitized on May 30, 2011, 06:32:28 PM
I just hope MS doesn't have a ton of Kinect crap again. The last year's conference was ass.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 30, 2011, 03:36:00 PM
Speculation!

New 3DS games, the Cafe, Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Xenoblade, The Last Story, and surprise announcements.

If this isn't at least as good, then I'll be shocked.

And among those surprises is SOMETHING that has to do with Zelda's 25th anniversary. :o

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 30, 2011, 03:59:26 PM
A Halo HD remake would be pretty awesome, but I can't say that I'd be surprised about an announcement like that, honestly.
Wasn't that announced, like, last year?

Personally, I couldn't care less about Modern Warfare 3 or the HD Halo remake. Gears of War is eh. Hitman 5, though... I can barely contain my erection. Blood Money is easily one of the top 5 best games from this console generation.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Eh, Never been a Hitman fan myself (I always hated its use of stealth mechanics, personally), but I'll admit that its nice to see that the series is still continuing considering that its the one of the only few series with a fresh concept still left in an industry full of Modern Warfare and Gears of War clones (though to be honest I'm looking much more forward to Gears 3 than Hitman, and I'm not even really much of a fan of Gears to begin with; though it is an enjoyable blockbuster game for killing about 8 hours worth of time).

The Halo HD remake may just be the only FPS game that I play this year (assuming that it comes out this year, that is). Well, that and F.3.A.R. as long as Day 1 Studios didn't fuck it up.

Foggle

Don't get me wrong, I loved (and still love) Halo 1. The thing is, though... it doesn't really need a remake. The AI is still outstanding (plus I don't think the sequels really improved it at all), and it actually has the most satisfying shooting of any game in the series (IMO). The only real problems with that game were in the level design (Assault on the Control Room and The Library being the main offenders), which I doubt would be fixed in the updated version. Sure, updated graphics would be nice, but I feel like time would be better spent on making another sequel or working on a different project entirely.

I can understand you not liking Hitman's stealth mechanics, as they're very different from other games in the genre and some of the earlier titles could occasionally feel broken (or, in the case of Codename 47, always felt broken).

Gears 1 and 2 were great co-op games. I played some of the online beta for the new one at a friend's house and it was pretty solid, if not all that different (the bayonet attachment is awesome, though). But I'm kinda' leery about the potential quality of a downloadable title.

Spark Of Spirit

If they fix the later levels of Halo (by you know not having so much repeating level design and the fucking library's infinite loop of crap) and add in some 4 player co-op, I probably would spring for it. That's pretty much the only thing I didn't like from the first game that could be improved that I would love. Otherwise it's a great FPS. But it could use improvement in some areas that could make it perfect.

Also, the rumor is that the Gears game is a Kinect rail shooter... So, it might not even be a DLC title.