E3 2011 Thread

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, May 12, 2011, 04:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So far Microsoft has shown off 2 games that I'm not very interested in. I've never cared about Call of Duty, and the new Tomb Raider looks like just another movie game in the vein of Uncharted. Oh well, its still just the beginning, but I'm pretty underwhelmed so far.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Mass Effect 3 looks good, but I still need to play the 2nd one. The Kinect features are totally gimmicky, though. I really don't think that'll convince anyone to buy a Kinect just for shit like that.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 06, 2011, 11:51:10 AM
the new Tomb Raider looks like just another movie game in the vein of Uncharted.
That's a shame. Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld were excellent. :(
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 06, 2011, 12:00:36 PM
Mass Effect 3 looks good, but I still need to play the 2nd one. The Kinect features are totally gimmicky, though.
Not watching the E3 stuff. What are they?

Spark Of Spirit

Tomb Raider reboot = Uncharted

The revolver is in the top drawer, Foggle.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, its pretty much a carbon copy of Uncharted, which is a real shame since Tomb Raider didn't need to go this route at all, IMO.

I'm really digging those updated visuals for Halo: Combat Evolved 10th Anniversary edition. Damn, I'm definitely picking up this game when it comes out.

Spark Of Spirit

Too much Kinect stuff, but I did get a kick out of Halo showing the Library under "remastered levels" or whatever.

Hope Halo 4 footage impresses.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah....I'm not interested in Kinect. Sorry, Microsot, but this E3 show isn't for me. Though, I will admit, the Fable demo amused me a little.

gunswordfist

STOP SHOWING THIS KINECT SHIT!!! They've been at it for like 15 minutes and some how I'm starting to hate motion sensoring even more. Oh lord, more Kinect.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, this is now the MS 2010 conference. Interest lost.

My Alan Wake hopes are fading with each mention of Kinect.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Eh, At least this time I can't say that I'm disappointed since this is pretty much exactly what I was expecting them to do. Microsoft is way more interested in suckering the casual gamers into buying their products than in satisfying any core gamers.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 06, 2011, 12:00:36 PM
Mass Effect 3 looks good, but I still need to play the 2nd one. The Kinect features are totally gimmicky, though. I really don't think that'll convince anyone to buy a Kinect just for shit like that.
Voice is Kinect's only interesting feature. Anyway, the only thing that made that demo great was:
1. It was live ME3 footage. 'Nuff said.
2. Teh omni-tool attack. Loved the crowds reaction.

Anyway, all I saw that I liked was Gears 3 by default, that demo wasn't anything special, surprisingly Modern Warfare 3...oh and of course Mass Effect 3, my most anticipated game.....ah sweet, Halo 4 was officially announced. I thought they'd just show more motion sensoring BULLSHIT.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Half shooter-fest, half 2010 conference. Pretty disappointing.

So I got Halo 1 remake to look forward to my 360 and the worst SoXBLA line up yet. Bad showing, MS.

Foggle

Two questions for people who watched:

What's the Kinect shit do in Mass Effect 3? I don't play the Xbox version, but my friend does, and he HATES Kinect. Also, will the Halo HD remake also be on PC? Not that I expect it to be...
Quote from: Desensitized on June 06, 2011, 12:13:55 PM
Tomb Raider reboot = Uncharted

The revolver is in the top drawer, Foggle.
So fucking lame. The character needed a reboot, not the gameplay. :zonk:

Spark Of Spirit

EK, did you catch the NG3 gameplay that Spike showed before the conference?

Quote from: Foggle on June 06, 2011, 01:05:18 PM
Two questions for people who watched:

What's the Kinect shit do in Mass Effect 3? I don't play the Xbox version, but my friend does, and he HATES Kinect. Also, will the Halo HD remake also be on PC? Not that I expect it to be...
1. Voice recognition. You can tell your characters to move and shoot. You can shoose dialogue options with your voice. A couple of camera angles made me think Dragon Age 2, and that's a bit scary to think about.

2. there will not be a PC version for any reason other than it's Microsoft.

Also, the SoXBLA line up blows ass.

talonmalon333

I'm just going to watch the Nintendo E3. :P