Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Is it just me or has the Virtual Console on the 3DS already gone down the shitter?  It's been awhile since we got a high-profile game, and it hasn't even been a year yet for the service and already releases are slowed down to a trickle.  Maybe the Game Boy is running out of steam or they want to save some games for the future, but what about the Game Gear games, or possibly some more GBA games?

I swear, VC is like the coolest thing on paper, but when it comes to execution Nintendo just can't get it right.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rynnec

There really isn't any excuse for Nintendo half-assing the VC.

Okay, I understand stuff like not releasing liscensed titles, as well as ones by Rareware, but what about the lack of virtually anything else. The PS3's PS1 classic's store has a meaty selection and PSN has solid releases, and I'm sure the XBLA does too. So why doesn't the same apply to the VC and WiiWare?

Spark Of Spirit

PS1 classics is missing a ton of titles (Including Tomba which was "confirmed" to be coming over a year ago), when compared with Nintendo's Wii VC is decent enough. Remember it took almost 4 years for the VC to finally lose steam.

As for the 3DS one, they're being undeniably lazy. There are a ton of Game Boy/Color/Gear games waiting in the wings. Wario Land 2 is out in Japan and we still haven't gotten Wario Land 1 yet. Whoever is in charge of the download titles needs to be replaced ASAP.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Who the shit is PlayDead? The Limbo guys?

Daxdiv

Eddy

Ugh, Limbo. I wanted to like it. I really did. But I couldn't help but feel, behind the nice art style, it was just a mediocre platformer that somehow got a ton of praise and awards.

I imagine the same thing will happen with this one.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote(it's not a sequel to Limbo, the investors wanted that so Playdead decided to use all of their profits to buy out the investors)

I laughed way too hard at that. I wish the big publishers could do the same thing.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on April 09, 2012, 09:46:25 PM
Quote(it's not a sequel to Limbo, the investors wanted that so Playdead decided to use all of their profits to buy out the investors)

I laughed way too hard at that. I wish the big publishers could do the same thing.
The thing that made me laugh was one of my friends' comment on seeing the description: "So LIMBO 2 essentially?"...

They might as well have just called it that, it looks like more of the same. A mediocre puzzle-platformer game wrapped in a striking visual style.

gunswordfist

Be nice to the Limbo developers. Sure art bitches are probably worshipping their game but you can't blame the devs for that.

OK, in the story about Bulletstorm being shelved and how some work on it was done until Epic put them People Can Fly on another project, dumbasses are actually parading and saying the game didn't sell because it wasn't that good. Um yeah, I'm sure people who didn't buy the game knew exactly how good the game was!.... :wth: I bet those are punkasses who think the game isn't good just because it's a shooter. Don't cry the next time a game that tries something different tanks because we will already know that it sucks. :sly:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

BulletStorm is amazing. Woulda' been the best straight FPS last year if not for Serious Sam 3 and Hard Reset. Anyone who says it sucks (or says that the dialogue is "bland and unfunny") doesn't know what they're talking about, period.

Really disappointed in Epic for canning the sequel. People Can Fly is excellent, though, so I'm sure their next game will be awesome no matter what.

gunswordfist

The game had too much shooting and the cutscenes weren't long enough.

Daxdiv

To me, the best part about Limbo is watching other people play Limbo and get surprised at everything this game throws at you. Come little boy, you have a sister to save. Oh, no! Oh, little boy, I'm so sorry!

Spark Of Spirit

If Bulletstorm had an ad campaign that highlighted how crazy it was, it probably would have done a lot bigger. People simply didn't know what it was.

Most games have been poorly advertised this gen outside of Nintendo games, COD, and a few Sega games (I saw some for Sonic Colors, The Conduit, Madworld, and HOTD:O) which is weird considering Sega isn't even doing all that well.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 09, 2012, 10:23:42 PM
If Bulletstorm had an ad campaign that highlighted how crazy it was, it probably would have done a lot bigger. People simply didn't know what it was.

Most games have been poorly advertised this gen outside of Nintendo games, COD, and a few Sega games (I saw some for Sonic Colors, The Conduit, Madworld, and HOTD:O) which is weird considering Sega isn't even doing all that well.
Yeah, it's commercial wasn't that good even though it tried. It should have basically done the same thing (namely keep the dialogue, make fun of boring shooters) and then showed better gameplay. All I remember is some enemy floating around slowly.