Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

At least we can all enjoy another talk page on Wikipedia!

Nel_Annette

"What's that?! Our contract with Mr. Hawk ends at the end of the year? Well, fuck. Let's just rush out a game using the most recognizable name in the series and bait unsuspecting, nostalgic fans into buying it. The game's a glitchy mess that looks like it was aborted on the PS2? Fuck it, we'll still get their money."

I'm... fairly salty right now.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Wow. I wasn't really looking forward to it, but damn, that hurts my nostalgia.

Daxdiv

Is it sad that my reaction to hearing about a Tony Hawk game was "Tony Hawk is still relevant in 2015?"

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on October 03, 2015, 08:03:36 PM

I still can't believe how badly this series was slaughtered.

There's a reason the series never regained the popularity it had from THPS1 to Underground 1. Too bad Activision didn't, and still doesn't, care.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

It's like they hate money which they don't which makes this make even less sense.

I also want to punch them from taking away couch co-op in Tony Hawk 1 due to "budget reasons" even though it probably cost money to go and remove it.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

... We're never going to see these IPs again, are we?

Nel_Annette

If you travel to Japan and develop a gambling addiction, you might.

Peanutbutter

Whatever, I'm fine with MGS ending after closing it's loop. Konami would have just outsourced it and screwed the crap out of MGS 6 and 7 anyway.

talonmalon333

But we're still losing Silent Hill and Castlevania. It wouldn't be right for Konami to just hold onto those. They deserve a better fate than what Konami has gotten.