The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

For real though, that Dr. Dre/Bill Cosby mashup song is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.  I still crack up whenever I hear it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Dad, I have a serious problem! I got a girl pregnant!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 30, 2013, 08:46:10 PM
Highly relevant

It comes back around.

Welp.... you can't say we were never warned about it.

Avaitor

I remember when I got to that scene while watching the season 3 set I got a few months ago. Holy shit, is that prophetic.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Alright, so my local Fox syndicate dropped the show for Modern Family. A quick look elsewhere makes it seem like my area isn't the only one to lose the show's long-standing slot.

How about you guys?

New blog!

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on September 25, 2013, 04:53:34 PM
Alright, so my local Fox syndicate dropped the show for Modern Family. A quick look elsewhere makes it seem like my area isn't the only one to lose the show's long-standing slot.

How about you guys?

The Simpsons moved from Fox 5 to My9 where I live. Fox now airs Modern Family reruns as well. So far they've been airing some of the older episodes as well, along with the newer ones. Today was Kamp Krusty as the older one. I know one of my Latest Hits station played an ad saying that the Simpsons and Big Bang Theory moved to My9, which is why I knew it was on that channel. Though, the ad didn't mention that the Simpsons starts at 6:30, they only included the 7 o'clock hour.

Hell, I was surprised when I saw the syndicated Simpsons off of Fox as well, even more surprised when I saw ads that Modern Family was entering syndication. When I saw they gave an hour to it, I was like "Then, what's gonna happen to Simpsons and TBBT?"

Commode

TV Guide says it plays every night at midnight here.  Don't give two shits though, can't remember the last time I watched The Simpsons on TV.

Commode

These channels are probably getting ready for the show's new syndication package as well.  It's one of the few older holdouts that still airs on over-the-air channels, but I think after 20th TV strikes a deal with a cable network or multiple cable networks it will no longer be readily available on these channels, they have too many more modern sitcoms to air instead.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Eddy

Man, Netflix really needs to add The Simpsons so I can relive all the good seasons. Which I'm sad to realize are now in the minority and have been for years.

Kiddington

To the surprise of no one...

They might as well just go for 30 at this point. Wrapping it up at some weird number like 27 or 28 just doesn't have the same mystique to it, even if at least 1/3 of those seasons are forgettable/crap.

Spark Of Spirit

If they don't go for 30 I'd be surprised.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Man, I got to wonder if this show will go on for as long as my life.

Also, I thought this was entertaining.

LumRanmaYasha

Oh god, this show really just won't die will it?  :shit: