Platformers

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 21, 2011, 12:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

My opinion on Croc: the game (a platformer that requires precise controls) is played using tank controls. That alone ruined the whole game. Decent soundtrack, though.

Commode

I still have that game around here somewhere, but from what I remember of it it's not that great.  There's more than one of them though, so I guess someone liked it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I wasn't crazy about 3D platformers at the time (Crash Bandicoot aside) so I never got to play it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

The original Crash Bandicoot was better than Croc.  :blush:

Foggle

I kind of enjoyed Croc as a kid, but it probably wouldn't hold up today. I might have liked it more at the time if it wasn't the PC version I owned... imagine playing a tank-controlled 3D platformer with the keyboard. Yeah.

gunswordfist

Ugh, tank controls. Kills the best of 'em.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

What do you guys think of the Spyro games?

gunswordfist

i think that i asked this recently. i had the 1st one. it might have been my favorite 3d platformer. i have nothing but fond memories of the game but it has been 15 or so years since i played it.

talonmalon333

I only played the PS1 trilogy (which I hear are the only good games in the series, too). Among them, I do think the original is the best.

gunswordfist

i want to play the 2 sequels myself. the demo(es) were good from what little i remember.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm playing Shantae & The Pirate's Curse on my Wii U. WayForward crafted their best Shantae game by far with this one. It's not overly short like Risky's Revenge or overly difficult like the original, but has a really good balance to it.

I do wish they could make more originals and less licensed fare. When it comes to originals and their own takes on franchises (Double Dragon, Contra, A Boy & His Blob) they tend to knock it out of the park, but their licensed stuff doesn't stack up.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I thought you liked their Brave & the Bold game and DuckTales Remastered, though.

Huh, they made the American Dragon game. I remember meaning to pick up the GBA copy when it was in the bargain bin way back, but never did. That was just before I was going to destroy my system, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I was referring to their more recent works like the Adventure Time and Regular Show games. DuckTales is a great remake and TB&TB is an excellent beat em up, but most of their licensed stuff isn't that good.

gunswordfist

has anyone here played toy story 2 for ps1? it was one of my favorite ps1 platformers. probably top 3 for me.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 06, 2015, 05:05:46 PM
has anyone here played toy story 2 for ps1? it was one of my favorite ps1 platformers. probably top 3 for me.
I had the PC version as a kid. It ran at something like 5 FPS and was hell to play on a keyboard, but I loved it too. :)