Platformers

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 21, 2011, 12:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quest for Booty is available on disc in Europe. It's easy to import but fairly expensive for how short the game is, so it's really only worthwhile if you're a huge fan - especially since you can just get it for free with Nexus.

Spark Of Spirit

Alright, I'll PM it to him.

I just realized that Maximo is the first platformer with microtransactions. By that you can waste tons of your in-game currency on knick-knacks and useless crap like different color boxers instead of saving it for things you'll need it for. That makes me like it more!  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Thanks a lot, Spark, Foggle and talon. I appreciate it. The whole thing sucked.
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 31, 2015, 09:50:01 PM
Alright, I'll PM it to him.

I just realized that Maximo is the first platformer with microtransactions. By that you can waste tons of your in-game currency on knick-knacks and useless crap like different color boxers instead of saving it for things you'll need it for. That makes me like it more!  ;D
That sounds pretty cool. I wish I got to play those games. I always miss tons of titles each gen and the PS2 gen was probably my biggest offense since the 2D days, lol
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Sorry, I just checked my voucher and I have no code on it. I looked it up and apparently it's a printing error. All of Canada got gypped because of it.

Sorry about that.  :'(
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

Whoa, that Ratchet & Clank discussion we had was half a month ago?

Anyway, I'm just curious what you guys think. What was the best PS2 3D platformer trilogy. Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Dexter, or Sly?

gunswordfist

:wth: You do know which site you are on, right?

Spark Of Spirit

Ratchet is the best one.

The best part is that all three have a cheap HD collection floating out there for you to try for yourself. If you have a PS3, all three are worth grabbing.

gunswordfist

Just copy Spark's response 3 times and you have how this entire conversation will play out, talon.

Foggle

Ratchet & Clank: 3 awesome games, though some may not like the first one
Jak & Daxter: 2 awesome games, though some may not like the second one
Sly Cooper: 1.5 awesome games

gunswordfist

lmao. Hopefully Sly Cooper gets used better in the future. I loved the demo for Thieves in Time and tried to get my baby brother to buy it.

talonmalon333

The reason I asked is because I know Ratchet is the most well liked franchise here, but I wasn't sure what the thoughts were on the first three games within each series. Because, frankly, I'm not sure what Ratchet's first three games were. :sweat:

Spark Of Spirit

The Ratchet Collection for the PS3 contains the first three games.

Ratchet & Clank
Going Commando
Up Your Arsenal

All three are highly regarded and considered the best on the PS2.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 14, 2015, 11:32:11 AM
The reason I asked is because I know Ratchet is the most well liked franchise here, but I wasn't sure what the thoughts were on the first three games within each series. Because, frankly, I'm not sure what Ratchet's first three games were. :sweat:
The first 3 R&C games are easily the best ones aside from A Crack In Time IMO. That said, all 7 (8 if you count Deadlocked) main series games are fantastic.

Jak 1 and 2 are the only particularly good J&D games, but 3 has some excellent single levels. Play Jak X if you like the racing in 2 and 3. Do not play The Lost Frontier.

Sly 1 and 2 have amazing moments but neither is great all the way through. Sly 3 should be ignored unless you really like the mini-games from 1 and 2. Thieves In Time is the best game in the series.

talonmalon333

Looks like Ratchet games 2 and 3 were really critically acclaimed.

I haven't played and Sly games but I really like the style of them, just from what I've seen.