Lord Dalek's silly list threads

Started by Lord Dalek, July 01, 2011, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

I don't know why I'm still doing these. Maybe its to get nostalgia off my chest. Maybe its just me trying to figure out if these are genres people still give a damn about. Either way they're kind of a labor of love due to all the writing I have to do for 'em and it always makes me happy to finish em off.

The 20 Worst Arcade Beat-em-ups I Have Ever Played
The 20 Worst Console Beat-em-ups I Have Ever Played
The 25 Best Beat-em-ups I Have Ever Played.
The 20 Best Pinball Machines I Have Ever Played
The 50 Best Shoot-em-ups I Have Ever Played I: Spaceship and plane shooters

Spark Of Spirit

I enjoy reading them. I also like looking for games I might not have played in them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Dalek

Well there goes part 1 and possibly my last thread at TZ for a while.

Spark Of Spirit

Radiant Silvergun is up on XBLA, and after just playing it for the first time... Wow, this is pretty awesome.

You are definitely right about it being one of the best. It's hard, but thankfully not overly punishing like Ikaruga is. It's a bit daunting to get into, but even a casual shmup player like me really enjoys just how exciting the whole thing is. Treasure never fails to surprise me.

Can't wait for Guardian Heroes next month!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Found out that Treasure made Radiant Silvergun when I saw it on XBL. Is there a such thing as making too many great games? I have still yet to play it but still...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Is that light-gun list still in the cards?

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Kiddington on September 15, 2011, 07:52:52 PM
Is that light-gun list still in the cards?
I have a preliminary list but I've been too busy at work to do anything with it, and I don't think its that great of a list anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, that should be interesting.

As for GH... Man, that was a disappointment. Talk about overhyped.