The Powerpuff Girls

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 12:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

This post isn't relevant to PPG, but the post came from this thread a long time ago and it deserves an update.

Quote from: Daikun on December 25, 2013, 08:00:30 AM
Quote from: Do They Know It's Christmas? on December 24, 2013, 07:33:44 PMOn another note, I really wish Cartoon Network/Boomerang would drop the Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer special.  It was fucking horrible the first time it aired, it's still fucking horrible all these years later.  Take the hint Turner.

I think that might be a Time Warner mandate. The special first aired on Kids' WB! in 2000, then Jamie Kellner took over Turner for a couple of years and forced CN to play KWB's cartoons. (The special joined the Christmas Party in 2002.) I don't think they can get rid of it, even if they wanted to.

They've finally given up this fucking special. Disney has taken it off their hands, and now it's airing on Freeform.

Dr. Insomniac

Why would Disney buy the rights? It's not like they're starved for Christmas movies to rerun forever on December.

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 02, 2017, 01:56:59 AMWhy would Disney buy the rights? It's not like they're starved for Christmas movies to rerun forever on December.

Eh, it's Freeform. It's Disney's toilet. Who cares? This is the network that recently gave Hocus Pocus a 24-hour marathon. :bleh:
At least CN/Boom won't spam it anymore. :awesome:

Daikun

Daikun

Peanutbutter

If Powerpuff Girls and the band Gorillaz isn't the most random crossover ever, I'm not sure what is. Somehow, Disney and Final Fantasy in Kingdom Hearts is far less weird on the surface.

Daikun

The show's 20th anniversary is this Friday, and CN is celebrating with a 72-hour livestream of both the original series and reboot.

Avaitor

I actually was wondering if the Girls could age recently. It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I recall that they were already at their current ages when they were created, so I wasn't sure if they'd permanently stay 5 or grow up normally.

I'd actually be more interested in an AI-esq story with the characters than seeing them aged. But either way, I very likely won't be interested in a Berlanti take on the characters.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Wait, the PPG series on CW is supposed to be a sequel to the original show? How is that going to work?  :wth:

I may check out the pilot just to see how they go about it, as of now I'm not sure if this will be a disaster or just a generic clone off of Stargirl (which is actually great, btw).

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Avaitor

I saw- it's very unfortunate. I'm glad that he's doing otherwise better, but it is tragic that his wonderful gift to this world is silenced.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

This is such a tragic and cruel twist of fate. Even if he can't voice act again, I really hope he's able to get his voice and ability to speak back.