Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Soul Calibur 6 announced.

Outside of the 1st Soul Calibur I've never cared for the series, but Bandai Namco is killing it in the fighting division.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

Hope it's better than the last three.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

STREET FIGHTER 30TH FREAKING ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION

I'M OFFICIALLY DONE WITH STREET FIGHTER 5. I will be double dipping when I get the Switch as well. LET'S GO.

Alpha 3 and 3rd Strike on the same disc? Let's go.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

gunswordfist

YAH-TAH!!! I CAN FINALLY PLAY ALPHA!! THANK YOU FOR THIS, MUSTANG!!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

WOW, now Capcom is even making things right with Street Fighter!

Are they really still "dead" at this point???

Mustang

Quote from: Peanutbutter on December 10, 2017, 08:13:56 PM
WOW, now Capcom is even making things right with Street Fighter!

Are they really still "dead" at this point???

I gotta say no. They know the messed up real bad with SF5 launch and even worse with MVCI, but I think they're "trying" to listen to the fans.

Sakura in Street Fighter 5 Arcade Edition. Dare I say she looks fun?

And they revealed Blanka, Cody, Sagat and 2 new characters. (G and Falke)

Ok, Capcom. You got me to calm my jets before I decide to sell off SF5 and bypass AE. Now I just need to see how Cody plays. They got him in a suit/tuxedo.... Swag Cody now.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

gunswordfist

That's Mayor Cody to you.
All I need is to see Devil May Cry 5 and be convinced that Mega Man 11's gameplay is good and I'm sold.

Spark Of Spirit

It's only missing Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold, but it has all the main games regardless.

With this, MM11, RE7, and the DMC and the X re-releases, I have to wonder if something big happened internally at Capcom. They seem more willing than ever to go back to basics and remembering how fun their classic series are.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

My question is...who did they fire? That seems to be the best thing game companies can do these days :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

It might just be the unrelenting failure they've experienced over the last few years with very few successes that weren't Monster Hunter.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 10, 2017, 10:19:05 PM
With this, MM11, RE7, and the DMC and the X re-releases, I have to wonder if something big happened internally at Capcom. They seem more willing than ever to go back to basics and remembering how fun their classic series are.
You know, I played the Monster Hunter World demo, and despite that always being a series I've hated, I actually really enjoyed it! I guess Capcom is good again now. :el_hail:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'll believe that Capcom is good again when they release Devil May Cry 5 as an actual finished product without locking any content for the main game behind paid DLC. Until then, fuck'em.

Quote from: Foggle on December 11, 2017, 02:19:47 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 10, 2017, 10:19:05 PM
You know, I played the Monster Hunter World demo, and despite that always being a series I've hated, I actually really enjoyed it! I guess Capcom is good again now. :el_hail:

Out of curiosity what was it specifically that you really hated about the series? I've tried two games in the franchise and found both to not be my cup of tea, but nothing really stood out to me as particularly awful, either. Do they actually get a lot worse as they go on?

Mustang

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 10, 2017, 09:43:19 PM
That's Mayor Cody to you.

You are absolutely right. My bad. You don't go from prison to being that suave without being someone with authority.

As far as who got fired, I don't know, but I do know that Peter Rosas left Capcom. Almost as if he took the fall/hit for MvCI doing poorly. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything since he was strictly over fighting games.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on December 11, 2017, 02:26:39 PM
Out of curiosity what was it specifically that you really hated about the series?
The level design, gameplay mechanics, controls, pacing, and overall grindiness were what I disliked most, but I can't say there was really anything I liked about them at all. Now, keep in mind, the newest one I played was Monster Hunter Tri on the original Wii, and the only one I played extensively was the original Monster Hunter for PS2. I had also never been able to try the series in co-op until now except for a brief stint with the PC game, Monster Hunter Frontier, which came to an end after they expected my friend and I to pay a monthly subscription while also using a VPN.

Anyway, World has levels that are large, beautiful, seamless, and - most importantly - fun to explore, intuitive controls, and the ability to use weapons that aren't slow as shit. I can also easily play it online with my friends and it has a lot of nice attention to detail you don't often see in modern games. Basically, this one seems like my kind of game, whereas the others I tried did nothing for me (though it might have been different had I been able to play them in co-op).