Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

https://i.redd.it/5jkv9u7ncwh11.jpg Potential Tokyo Game Show leak.

Hmm.... Darkstalkers. I don'y know how to feel about this. I've never played any of the previous Darkstalkers so I have no attachment to that series. My concern is that I don't trust people. People claim they want Darkstalkers (along with Rival Schools) but I have no faith that people are going to support it at all. If enough people support it cool, let's get another deep fighting game that looks like it'll play similar to the MvC series. If not, go kick rocks. That's all I got for that.

Street Fighter 5 new story.
Hmm. I still haven't played any of the other stories. I just don't care about a story mode in fighting games.

Viper and Oro as free DLC characters... in Sept/Oct
....Right. I'll believe that when I see it. I will say that Capcom is definitely planning something though, I just don't think it'll in 7-8 days. I think it'll be at Playstation Experience/Capcom Cup.

That's about it for me (don't care about the costumes unless I can buy them up front).

With all that being said, I think I've come full circle about who I'm gonna play.

Ken
Guile
Laura/Mika
Zeku

I have to look up Ken combos to see if he has anything that look remotely stylish. I'm satisfied with his costumes. He has a Dante, Christmas, and a freakin tux and they're all sick. His Dante costume looks weird, but whatever.

Guile has stylish combos but the big hurdle is the charging for me. He only has 2 costumes that I like.

Laura/Mika are are burst damaging characters and they got the mixups.

I still gotta try out Zeku. He don't have any good costumes but he has stylish combos. Besides Menat, he might be the hardest character to play in the game.

Other characters I may try/give another run are G, Sagat, Bison, Balrog, and Nash.

I gotta may a dedicated Street Fighter thread.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Rynnec

Much as I would love a new Darkstalkers, the past few months have taken a big hit to Vegeben's credibility. Nor do I trust Capcom's fighting game division to give the product much care even if it is real, regardless of Capcom's recent upswing. I'd still play a new Darkstalkers either way, but it'd be something I'll be cautiously optimistic for.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I still don't get why Capcom won't just release a collection on PSN and XBL (for the current generation of consoles) for those of us who want to play the classic games but have no current means to.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

OK, I'm not a fan of Cooler outside of his transformation design. I always found him to be an uninspired rip-off of Freeza. That said, based on what I've seen here, I'm really excited to play him when his DLC drops: https://youtu.be/x4D4NqkTYBo

His moveset is basically taylor-made for my preferred playstyle.

Mustang

I actually like Cooler more than Frieza, but I didn't really need him in the game. I actually would've preferred Cooler's spot to be Janemba, but oh well. As for the way he plays, he looks interesting. Not enough to get me interested in playing, but enough to keep me watching. Fairly certain SSJ Vegeta will be on the team with Cooler. (SSJ Vegeta's a safe bet since he fit on any team)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Samurai Spirit

2019 is definitely my year.

Sekiro
Nioh 2
Ghosts of Tsushima (doubt this will be 2019)
Samurai Spirit

I'm definitely getting my fill for samurai's in 2019. Now all I need is perhaps an rpg-ish like Mass Effect set in feudal Japan and I can go to heaven.

Anyway, I'll admit that I never played any of the Samurai Showdowns due to very little exposure. I knew of the Samurai Showdown games back then but no one I knew was playing so I had no interest then. I've always thought the main character was for me though (aesthetically speaking) . That being said, I'm gonna go back and check out some high level footage.

On a negative note. I find it real funny how people are saying this looks like USF4 graphics, but yet they called USF4 ugly, but all of a sudden this game looks gorgeous. I swear people in the FGC are full of shit.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The people who called USFIV ugly seem to be the type that can't stand the more "cartoony" look of the characters rather than having a problem with the graphics itself. Personally, I love how over-the-top and expressive the characters are. The game clearly doesn't take itself that seriously in terms of its overall tone. Granted, they aren't anywhere close to the slick-looking sprites of III, but they are still pretty fun designs for what they are. At the very least, I prefer it to the more generic anime look that V went with: which, to be clear, I still enjoy V mechanically, just not a huge fan of the character models used is all.

Markness

After how dismal and tacky Samurai Shodown Sen was, I thought the series was over for good but I am glad it's making a comeback and it looks like SNK are doing it right! While a part of me misses 2D sprite animation, I am glad to see the action on a 2D plane like it should be. I hope Tam-Tam and Cham-Cham will be in it, I love using those two the most in the games.

Mustang

Looking at some previous matches from last year I gotta say I like what I'm seeing when it comes to game play. For those that're into spacing and poking of Street Fighter, transitioning to Samurai Shodown should be relatively easy. The hard part looks like getting used to the controls (weird directional inputs) and probably mechanics, although I don't know what mechanics are in the SamSho games. I see more of a lot of damage from like, maybe 3-4 hits.

I just might get Samurai Shodown 5 (as well as Garou: Mark of the Wolves) if people are interested in playing.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Rumor that Marvel vs Capcom 4 is coming.

https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2018/oct/12/vergeben-comments-potential-marvel-vs-capcom-4/1/
https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2018/oct/12/vergeben-comments-potential-marvel-vs-capcom-4/2/
https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2018/oct/12/vergeben-comments-potential-marvel-vs-capcom-4/3/
https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2018/oct/12/vergeben-comments-potential-marvel-vs-capcom-4/4/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0jVYUsKNjs Max's thoughts about it.

I've been watching CJA (Cyber Japan Agent) play a lot of MvCI and the game looks so fun. If rumors are true that MvC4 is coming the one thing I hope gets carried over from MvCI is the tag mechanic. Max said something along the lines of assists in DBFz feeling archaic and I agree. In MvCI you can tag whenever to create pressure or extend combos and that just looks/feels so good and it's also the reason why I like Street Fighter x Tekken. You just don't go back to assists after that otherwise it'll feel like you're regressing or trying to play it safe. I also agree with Max that Marvel and Capcom need to take a cue from Nintendo and just include everybody that were in the previous games. Also, forget about story mode. I get it that casuals should always be the target, but dammit that seem to be causing everything else to be forgotten. I don't want to go too deep about what I want because I don't believe we're getting anything until I see it, and I guess it does sort of make sense since Peter Rosas (Combofiend) who was once a Capcom employee is now working for Marvel's gaming department. But I don't want to go down that road until something is revealed.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I wanted to get back into SFV, but then realized I had over 20GB worth of update files to install, and decided that I'm not nearly patient enough for that. So, instead I got back into DBFZ, and have been playing that over the past week or so.

I'm still trying to settle on a team, but currently I'm really liking the set-up of Android 21, Vegitto Blue, and Future Trunks (one Point character and two Generalists). I also really like Base Goku in place of Trunks as a Support character when I feel like using someone with a good range of unique moves that makes him a bit harder to predict for my opponents. The downside is that he doesn't really have any interesting supers and their applications are so limited and situational that they aren't really much of an option other than to switch out to another team member's super at the end of a combo.

Mustang

And I'm currently getting back into Tekken 7. The character crisis and the toxic nature around Street Fighter 5 is too much right now. I'm currently catching up on Capcom Cup, and for the most part whatever reveals are inbound will be make or break for me.

As for DBFZ, unfortunately I haven't kept up with it since the patch (maybe a little bit before that). The way I understand it, or rather the way it was explained to me was that Vegito was more of a point character since he had no low attacks (outside of his 2M) and he was reliant on assists. But if you found a way to play him as your 2nd position character, nice.

So ArcSystemWorks is really going to town.

GranBlue Fantasy Versus is their latest upcoming fighting game and it looks good. Although, I still have no idea what Granblue Fantasy is. I know Platinum is making an RPG game called Granblue Fantasy Relink or something. I don't know if it'll do good here in the states though (both games)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

FINALLY FOUND MY CHARACTER. Evil Ryu is back.

Going by the name Kage this time since it's a manifestation instead of possession. The internet kinda broke yesterday during the finals because he was already being updated (I went to sleep. Didn't care about the results)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syM7z8vozlU

Ignore Max just for a little bit. Yooooo! Why weren't people ever talking about this game? I never had it. And at that time I think I might've been playing Tekken 3 or moved onto the Dreamcast. Anyway, Street Fighter Ex Plus 2 might be what Capcom wanted Street Fighter x Tekken to be. Some time down the line I need Capcom to re-look at this game.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Evo 2019 Line-up.

Street Fighter 5 (Sunday Finals)
Tekken 7 (Sunday Finals)
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (Sunday Finals)
Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Sunday Finals)
Dragon Ball Fighterz
Soul Calibur 6
Samurai Shodown
Under Night In-Birth
Mortal Kombat 11

This is an Evo tourney I can get behind. My only gripe, Smash should be a Saturday final headline. I get why it's Sunday, but I would prefer it to be on Saturday mainly because Tekken 7 tends to go over time. Smash is another one that goes over time (at least previous games. I know nothing about Ultimate) and don't get me started on DBFz's lengthy time. In any case, I'm happy that there are no double anything (2 Smash games). I'm surprised to see Under Night get in, but I've been told that that community have earned it due to the amount of work they do, so congrats to them. I'm gonna attempt to get into that game, especially that I found a character that I like and will be in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

New Samurai Shodown trailer
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol