What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I could easily swap out Snowpiercer with HTTYD 2, in that case. Or probably not, since that was a tie anyway. :p

But if I was to make a list for 2013, it'd probably be:

1- Before Midnight
2- Upstream Color
3- Her
4- 12 Years a Slave
5- The Wolf of Wall Street

There are a few other films that I liked from 2013 (the Marvels, Frozen, Monsters University), but nothing that I'm really compelled about to rank further into a top 10, aside from Gravity and Blue is the Warmest Color, I guess.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

To be honest, I still have a lot of catching up to do from the last few years in general. That said, 2014 was a really strong year for movies, IMO. As for 2013,  my list would probably be:

1. The World's End
2. Snowpiercer
3. The Wolf of Wall Street
4. 12 Years A Slave
5. Pacific Rim

Honorable Mentions: The Conjuring, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

LumRanmaYasha

For me, my 2013 list would be:

1. The Wind Rises
2. The World's End
3. 12 Years A Slave
4. Fruitvale Station
5. Gravity
6. Lupin the Third vs. Detective Conan: The Movie
7. American Hustle
8. Saving Mr. Banks
9. The Butler
10. Pacific Rim

Honorable Mentions: The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, Monsters University, DBZ: Battle of Gods

Foggle

I really need/want to see Fruitvale Station still.

Love The World's End.

Avaitor

Quote from: Avaitor on April 27, 2015, 02:26:48 AM
I could easily swap out Snowpiercer with HTTYD 2, in that case. Or probably not, since that was a tie anyway. :p

But if I was to make a list for 2013, it'd probably be:

1- Before Midnight
2- Upstream Color
3- Fruitvale Station
4- Her
5- 12 Years a Slave
6- The Wolf of Wall Street
7- The World's End
8- Blue is the Warmest Color
9- Gravity
10- Thor: The Dark World/Snowpiercer (tie)
Shit, I actually forgot about Fruitvale and World's End. Not bad, then!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

My backlog is aching. I'll get to some of these after I finish up on some kungfu and superhero movies.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

I finished watching all of Zombieland within the last hour.
Quote[to Tallahassee] You are like a giant cock blocking robot, like developed in a secret fucking government lab!
This is now my favorite Zombie movie (I need to rewatch the Dawn movies though.) It's a pretty fun movie despite the commercial convincing me otherwise. I also kind of wish Woody was Rick Grimes.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I finally got around to seeing Birdman. It's a movie that I definitely respect, but more so on an artistic level than as something that completely captures my interest. It's a lot like There Will Be Blood in that way. I can recognize its greatness, but can't really bring myself to admire it on a personal level.

gunswordfist

I want to see There Will Be Blood just for Daniel Day Lewis' performance one day.

I just finished watching Dredd (2012). This is definitely a good underrated scifi film like disqus has been saying. It's like Die Hard meets ultraviolent scifi films like Total Recall (1990) and Robocop (1987) with modern CG (for better or worse). I might have it around the bottom of my top 10 scifi films. Karl Urban did a good job of playing grumpy ass Dredd. Also, it has one of the most beautiful death scenes ever.

Avaitor

I wasn't crazy on Dredd. Then again, I was also unimpressed with Pacific Rim, and I still have no interest in The Force Unleashes so I really do feel like I'm losing touch with non-Marvel modern blockbusters.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Man, I loved Dredd and Pacific Rim, more so than Iron Man 3 and TTDW, which I liked, but not enough to compel me to re-watch either of them. Between this and our opinions on The Lego Movie and Frozen, I think that we may just need to make a habit out of agreeing to disagree on modern blockbusters and animated feature-length films. :thinkin:

Not that there's anything wrong with that, though. It's refreshing to have differing view points on stuff every once in a while.

gunswordfist

Dredd's not that best movie in the world but it's good, imo. Also, you know I'm not the biggest fan of giant robots so I'd probably agree with you. :sly:

Sweet, I didn't know multiple others here have already seen Dredd. I wonder if Foggle has. :thinkin:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

But Pacific Rim is also a giant monster movie, so that automatically makes it awesome. How is a movie about giant robots punching giant monsters in the face not up everyone's alley? You people are nuts. :bleh:

gunswordfist

Oh right, I hate Gundams due to the lack of giant monsters. *slaps forehead*

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The Big O had a giant monster-like thing in an episode or two which was fought by the titular giant robot and you like that anime, so....