The Quote Game

Started by Pharass, November 05, 2011, 05:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharass

Ok, so the rules for this game is pretty simple. Basically, the first poster will post a line or a dialogue from a work of fiction (book, movie, TV-show, whatever) and than the next poster has to guess where it's from and if they want, who's saying it. The poster who gets it right will than post a new quote and so-on.

Got that? Good. Anyway, I'll start with a pretty easy one from my favorite TV-show:

"Come at the king, you'd best not miss."
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm going to guess The Wire for your quote. I haven't watched the show, but I remember that Dr. Isomniac once posted up a link to a clip where that line was said, so that's where I remember it from.

I'll post my quote up only if I'm confirmed to be right.

Pharass

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Alright, here's one of mine:

"You just fulfilled the first rule of law enforcement: make sure when your shift is over you go home alive. Here endeth the lesson."

Hint: If you know my taste in films, this should be a really easy quote to identify.

I could do something more obscure, but I'll start with something easy and the next time I get a chance to post a quote I'll make it a bit harder.

Pharass

I recognize that quote, I believe it's from The Untouchables.

If it turns out that I'm right, than I'll hand my turn over to whoever wants it. It would be nice if more people participated in this.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Avaitor

Oh, I know it is. I've just been trying to think of a good quote to use for myself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yes, your answer is correct.

Pharass

Ok, if no-one's going post anything, I'll retract my previous statement. Voila! A new quote:

Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back.

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Pharass

Perhaps a hint is in order?

The show the quote comes from is named after and takes place in an actual city in the US.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Even then I mist admit that the quote doesn't ring any bells for me. Perhaps someone else might know it.

Pharass

Doesn't seem that way. I'll give you the answer:

It's from Deadwood. Here's the scene it's from

Next quote is, once again, up for grabs. First come first to serve.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Daxdiv

I got one

Okay, credit where it's due: for a little idiot built specifically to come up with stupid, unworkable plans, that was a pretty well laid trap.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That one's from Portal 2. One of my favorite lines from that game.

I can't think of any quotes to put up at the moment, so anybody else can take the opportunity to fill in for me if they want to. Either that, or I can just come up with one tomorrow if nobody else does.

Foggle

I shall take this opportunity to post an easy one! Thanks, E-K. ;)

"Go fuck yourself! You shit piles give chase, I will kill your dicks!"
"What? What does that even mean? You're gonna' kill my dick? I... I'll kill your dick! How 'bout that, huh?"

Daxdiv

BULLETSTORM!

I'll come up with a quote later.