Unpopular Opinions On Gaming

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, November 09, 2011, 11:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 22, 2013, 05:20:36 PM
I'm actually surprised that you don't care for DMC1's level design. I thought that was your favorite DMC game, and most people who prefer DMC1 over any of its sequels usually cite that as one of the main reasons for why they like it better, since the sequels excel more at the actual combat. Though I suppose the other reason people like the 1st one better is also for the boss fights, which are admittedly better than most of what DMC3 and 4 have on offer, but I still like 3 the best for its combat depth and generally good enemies. There are only a few enemy types that I utterly hate in that game, but there are a couple that I hate in DMC1 as well, so I don't really hold that against 3 too much. What I do hold against DMC3, though, is Arkham. Easily the worst hack n' slash boss that I have ever fought.
Yes, we get it, you hate everything named Arkham. Shut up.

DMC actually has my favorite level design out of the DMC games. I just hat backtracking regardless. DMC has the best bosses and enemies out of any hack 'n slash so that's why it's my favorite.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 22, 2013, 06:07:56 PM
Yes, we get it, you hate everything named Arkham. Shut up.

So I take it you like him? I say that since you seem to be so enraged that I even mentioned him negatively. It figures that someone like you would like a godawful boss-fight like that. That just proves that you have no taste whatsoever. :>

gunswordfist

It's a good thing I don't like him and that you are so easy to troll. :D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 22, 2013, 07:02:09 PM
It's a good thing I don't like him and that you are so easy to troll. :D

You can try to deny it all you want, but we all know that you get off on shitty boss-fights like that. :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

Mega Man 5 is a pretty good game.

It's too easy, the weapons are terrible, the bosses are pretty weak, and the game doesn't come close to the first 3 games (or 7 and 9 for that matter) but the game is just fun to pick up and play.

I'm not sure why people prefer 4 to it. I really don't.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 23, 2013, 12:02:18 AM

It's too easy, the weapons are terrible, the bosses are pretty weak, and the game doesn't come close to the first 3 games (or 7 and 9 for that matter) but the game is just fun to pick up and play.

5 is the evil Proto Man game, right? If so then I remember it being superior to 4.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 23, 2013, 12:13:57 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 23, 2013, 12:02:18 AM

5 is the evil Proto Man game, right? If so then I remember it being superior to 4.
Yeah, that's the one.

It's also the only 8-bit game to balance the megabuster well, in my opinion. It was so obnoxious in 4 and overpowered in 6.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Every 8-bit Mega Man is fun. Some just more than others. 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nel_Annette

They all feel the damn same too me. Same sprites, same level structure, all too difficult for me to play...  :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

I like all the 8-bit games except 4 which I find totally jarring to play and 6 which outright bores me.

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 23, 2013, 12:22:05 AM
6 is NOT fun.

I think my order would be:

I like 7, I just feel wonky about it or whatever. I still need to beat the final boss but close enough. I've barely played 8 so it's not listed. I haven't beaten 1 either but I think I get the picture.

Eddy

My favorite Mega Man games are 3, 2, 1, and Darkwing Duck.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 23, 2013, 12:49:13 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 23, 2013, 12:22:05 AM
6 is NOT fun.

I think my order would be:

I like 7, I just feel wonky about it or whatever. I still need to beat the final boss but close enough. I've barely played 8 so it's not listed. I haven't beaten 1 either but I think I get the picture.
Probably close to my order though I would personally put 7 higher.

Have you played 9 or 10 yet? 9 is about as good as 2 and 3 and 10 is fun.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Nel_Annette on May 23, 2013, 12:42:51 AM
They all feel the damn same too me. Same sprites, same level structure, all too difficult for me to play...  :lol:

They are all pretty similar. And for the most part, I think they are all close to each other in quality.

Except 2, man. The way that game's design came together was just right.

Spark Of Spirit

I think Mega Man 3 is the best classic Mega Man game with tight controls, unique bosses, and the awesome slide without the unneeded charge shot. 2 is close, but I think 3 did everything better. It also introduced Rush and Protoman.

I guess this is my unpopular opinion.