Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

LumRanmaYasha

Great work, everyone!

I'm not really feeling this season, myself. Of the shows I checked out, the only one that really got me particularly interested to see it's next episode was Death Parade. And of the ones I didn't...well, they don't seem worth watching either. Except Yatterman, it seems. I'll see if I can try the first episode of that one tomorrow.

Spark Of Spirit

I can truly say that none of those shows interested me at all.

That Jojo entry was surreal.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

The only must-watch show this season is Rolling Girls. Everything else is either gutter trash or acquired taste.

LumRanmaYasha

If the rest of Rolling Girls is like it's first five or so minutes then I'll be pleased. If it's more like the other 15...I dunno. I'm waiting to see what happens in this week's episode before I make any commitments to it.

LumRanmaYasha

The first installment of my Monthly Manga Recap feature for the blog is now up! In this month of manga, we explore a romantic yet totally platonic relationship between two married women, analyze how a boy's fucked up abusive childhood has made him look like a girl, speculate about whether Urasawa is really going to make 9/11 the climax of Billy Bat, congratulate Space Brothers' Mutta for finally going to space, reflect on how Magi's Hakuryuu gave his mother one hell of a love bite, and much much more!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Damn! That was one hell of a write-up. I haven't had the time to read everything, but I agree with you on One Piece and Magi.

LumRanmaYasha

Dr. Insomniac

Now that there have been enough weeks to judge how the shows have started, this season's turned out rather well. I'm actually watching four more anime than I usually do in a cour.

LumRanmaYasha

While I preferred last fall, in terms of keeping up with stuff, I've fared a lot better with this season, mainly thanks to setting up a schedule to keep track of what to watch and when and catching the shows on time. If I keep this up I might actually finish all the shows I'm watching on time without putting anything off on hold for months (tbh, I haven't watched the Parasyte anime since the 2nd episode...).

Foggle

Here is my long-awaited avant-garde anime blog, Who Is Imouto? – A Critical Analysis. http://animationrevelation.com/readables/?p=1635

Please enjoy. :)

Spark Of Spirit

That is one of the most insane things I've ever read.

Good job.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Thanks! :joy: I retained all the lines you inserted, though I did change some of them around a bit. ;)

Foggle