Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

WALL-E just barely missed my top tier.

Also, I might be the only person here who doesn't really love Monsters, Inc. It's a creative movie with creative characters, but I just don't think it's as strong as some of the others.

Avaitor

Remember when they were doing 3D re-releases of past Disney movies? Apparently The Incredibles and Ratatouille are in the works.

Okay, but I would've kept The Little Mermaid's release out first as planned. Lion King and Beauty and the Beast's releases did better than Nemo and Monsters, Inc's, so I don't think those are the movies people want to go see in theaters again. Although to be fair, The Incredibles would look pretty cool in 3D, and they've been talking about Ratatouille for a while.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Speaking of The Incredibles, I was recently thinking of something that's weird, but for me kind of true.

The Incredibles is, in my opinion, one of the best superhero movies of all time. It's just not something one would typically think of.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on March 18, 2014, 01:23:29 PM
Speaking of The Incredibles even more, here.

Wow. No, seriously..........wow. I was starting to think it'd never happen.

Bleh to Cars 3 though. C'mon guys just let that one die already, you're killing your reputation here. I know financially it's the smart play (really how DID this become Pixar's most lucrative franchise anyway?), but still.

Spark Of Spirit

Brad Bird is back.

Okay, now you can stop with Pixar sequels. That's all I wanted.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Kiddington on January 29, 2013, 11:57:09 PM
Yeah, it's... bad. Really, really bad.

Say what you want about Finding Nemo, or hell even Brave... they've got NOTHING on this.
You think Finding Nemo is bad? :srs:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on March 18, 2014, 01:23:29 PM
Speaking of The Incredibles even more, here.
Yes! YES! Brad Bird on The Incredibles 2!! I heard the news a few minutes ago but I didn't know he would return. This is the only Pixar sequel that needs to be made. The ending of The Incredibles made that too obvious. I just hope both kids aren't teenagers in the sequel. That could be annoying.

You're right, Finding Nemo is great and easily one of Pixar's greatest films.

LumRanmaYasha

Oh good. The Incredibles is a movie I actually would like seeing a sequel too, if only to expand on the world presented in the first film and go even further with the characters. With Brad Bird on board, I have confidence that it'll turn out just as good as the first.

As for Cars 3...well, merchandising and whatnot I guess. I can't say I'm surprised, but I really wish Pixar would stop with all these sequels in general, especially merit-less ones like this and Finding Dory that seem made simply to rake in the dough.

gunswordfist

If Finding Dory has a mass selfie, I'm going to have to punch someone in the face. Seriously, Finding Nemo ended just fine. There's no need for a sequel at all. I remember when Pixar used to be about new movie properties and not, "Hmm, what sequel is next?"

Spark Of Spirit

I haven't been big on their sequelizing everything, either. I didn't mind the Monster's Inc. prequel and finishing off the Toy Story trilogy, but only The Incredibles really called for a sequel of any of their movies.

And to think, everyone was going on about how Cars 2 was a disappointment and how there wouldn't be a third one. Yet here we are with a third one coming.

On the plus side, their originals will probably be good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

Inside Out, which will be out next year, sounds interesting to me. The Good Dinosaur doesn't seem fresh from the plot summary, but with Pixar execution is everything so I think it'll be a good film too.

At least we'll have two Pixar originals in a row before we get to those sequels. Since they are taking this year off, I expect IO and GD to be much better done than their last few were, at least.