PlayStation All-Stars To The Rescue

Started by Eddy, April 27, 2012, 03:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 29, 2012, 04:46:44 PM
Yeah, the Crash IP is owned by Naughty Dog, not Sony. Of course, I don't see why Naughty Dog would object to giving Sony the rights to feature Crash in their game, so the exclusion of the character is still left up to mystery.
I think Vivendi owns Crash and Spyro, actually.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, just so long as Sony doesn't own Vivendi then the main point still stays true that Sony itself doesn't own Crash. In fact, there were Crash games released on the XBOX, if I'm not mistaken.

Commode

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 29, 2012, 07:26:40 PM
In fact, there were Crash games released on the XBOX, if I'm not mistaken.
Yep, which is why I didn't think Sony had the rights to him.  He's not exactly a "Playstation All Star" anymore, at least not in the way he was back in the PS1 days. Same with Spyro.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Yeah, I played Wrath of Cortex on my Gamecube. Vivendi-Universal should own Crash and Spyro now, so it's highly doubtful we'll see them in this game.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

QuoteParappa the Rapper (Parappa the Rapper)
Jak and Daxter (Jak and Daxter)
Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
Ratchet and Clank (Ratchet and Clank)
Spike (Ape Escape)
Sir Dan (MediEvil)
That's all that interests me. Third party choices are lame except-

QuoteMusashi (Brave Fencer Musashi)
Good design BFM? Or bad design BFM? In other words, Nomura before he lost his mind with character designs or after?

If it's the former, then I'll care.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I see no reason why Vivendi wouldn't let them use Crash and Spyro if Konami is letting them use Raiden and Capcom is letting them use Dante. Speaking of which, original Dante would actually be far more fitting than DmC Dante, since DMC 1-3 were Sony-exclusive until very recently (outside of that godawful PC port).

Not that I'd buy or even play this game either way.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, they already put classic Dante in MvC3, and now they want to promote the reboot Dante since his game is coming out soon, while just like every other classic character of their's that was once great (aside from Resident Evil characters), they want to burry the old Dante in the past and hope that people will forget about him. These are the kinds of strategies that Capcom has been reduced to carrying out, sadly.

Daxdiv

As long as Activision didn't end up making Crash and Spyro use their current designs, I would like to see them in this game. But hey, Activision. For all we know this could be Bobby wanting more money.

Spark Of Spirit

The Crash series is currently dead and in major need of a relaunch and Spyro had practically nothing to do with Skylanders except the usage of his terrible new design. And since it's Activision, they'll probably just let Crash rot unless a name developer comes to them with an idea like the Skylander thing.

So basically unless someone like Insomniac or WayForward asks to do a Crash game, it probably won't happen.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Someone finally out and said it. Hideki Kamiya called this game a shameless ripoff.

I was worried for a second that no one was going to point this out outside of "fanboys" according to Sonyfriends.

Foggle

Pfft, Kamiya is clearly a Nintendo fanboy. Just look at his long line of Nintendo-exclusive games like Resident Evil 2 and Okami, which were clearly only ported to Sony consoles by Capcom without his consent in favor of big bucks.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The funny thing is that, I wouldn't mind this game being a shameless rip-off if it at least did a good job of ripping off what made the Smash Bros. games so well-loved in the first place. That is to say that on top of having simple yet competitive fighting mechanics, the game should have a really good roster of great characters from Sony's gaming library history. Instead, it shuns a bunch of obvious character choices for a lot of really stupid ones. Honestly, rip-off or not, the game would sell just fine if it had characters that people actually cared about, but in this case most of its roster is crap.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 07, 2012, 06:02:19 PM
Someone finally out and said it. Hideki Kamiya called this game a shameless ripoff.

I was worried for a second that no one was going to point this out outside of "fanboys" according to Sonyfriends.

BUT ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT. YOU CAN ONLY KO WITH A SUPER AND NO RING OUTS AND ITS FASTER THAN BRAWL AND THEY HAVE PRO GAMURZ ON THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM.

Leave it to Sony to gut the stuff that actually works and bring in their own idea of innovation that completely ruins what made the other game work in the first place.

Eddy

My problem isn't that the game is a shameless rip-off. It's that it's a shameless rip-off and Sony won't even ACKNOWLEDGE that it's anything like Smash Bros. Whenever the topic is brought up they find some sneaky way to tip-toe around it. I mean, hell, Jak's "final smash" is basically a rip-off of Yoshi's. This game has no shame. My respect for them would go up if they would just say "Yes, this game was inspired by Nintendo's Super Smash Bros., but we're trying to make it our own thing." or something.

Of course, they won't.

Spark Of Spirit

And that's that.

They should have put this on the back-burner and pushed Sly 4 instead. That actually looks like it would be worthy of holiday hype.