Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 03, 2015, 01:51:52 PM
Jetpac remains untouched in the Wii U Donkey Kong 64 port as well. Maybe Nintendo and Microsoft can be friends...
THIS is curious.

Now if we can get Diddy Kong Racing on the VC, that would be great.

I don't want to get hyped for something that probably won't happen though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

If I worked for Microsoft, I would absolutely let Nintendo put any Rareware games they wanted on the virtual console, provided they were straight ports with none of the enhancements from the Xbox versions (except for smoother frame rate which comes naturally from the emulation), in exchange for a cut of the profits. The Wii U isn't really competing with the Xbone this gen, and Microsoft's new console can't play the 360 ports or Live & Reloaded, so it would make perfect sense from a financial and marketing standpoint IMO. That's just my pipe dream, though.

In realistic terms, I personally think Diddy Kong Racing on VC is a possibility, maybe even Goldeneye or Wizards & Warriors, but nothing else.

Spark Of Spirit

If Banjo was added to Smash Bros., I would assume Nintendo and Microsoft would have a deal in place for the N64 BK games and Banjo and Conker in DKR for them to be added to the VC.

So I'd say Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Kazooie, and Banjo Tooie would be locks.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

They could probably do Conker as well but I don't think Nintendo would be too keen on bringing BFD back tbh.

Spark Of Spirit

Me neither, but if they were getting Banjo, getting permission for a Conker cameo for a simple VC release of DKR would be a smart idea.

Foggle

For sure. I also think there's a very good chance of DKR happening eventually, Banjo in Smash/on VC or not.

Though I do think it would be a lucrative business decision for Nintendo to put BFD on the eShop. It's gained a lot of popularity since its release and N64 copies sell for upwards of $80 on eBay.

gunswordfist

What's Warriors & Wizards?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 01, 2015, 11:44:56 PM
I hope you don't main Diddy. Because he's probably getting a hammer to him with this next patch.  :sweat:

I use Diddy quite a lot. I don't mind him getting nerfed a bit if it stops people whining about how overpowered the HOO-HAH game is. Diddy has enough tools to stay viable without his 0-death combo.

Quote from: Foggle on April 03, 2015, 01:51:52 PM
Jetpac remains untouched in the Wii U Donkey Kong 64 port as well. Maybe Nintendo and Microsoft can be friends...

That actually reminds me of something my brother mentioned to me a few weeks ago. That the Goldeneye port on Xbox Live being cancelled might have had more to do with licensing issues with Lionsgate and not Nintendo.

Kiddington

Banjo would be legit. I worry about the similarities he'd have as a fighter to Duck Hunt, but this game is already bursting with clones anyway, so you might as well give us one that a lot of people will have some actual fun with. I mean, I didn't exactly see this kind of demand for Dark Pit.

Daxdiv

Mewtwo codes are being distributed today. Check your inboxes for your code.

As of this post, the code for the 3DS version seems to work, but the Wii U version is telling me I have to wait a bit for it to become available.

EDIT: Wii U code working now. Guess I just entered it before the appropriate time. Should be smooth sailing.

Nel_Annette

I'm downloading right NOW! :shakeshakeshake:

Spark Of Spirit

I'm currently downloading the updates now.

A rumor out there is that the files contain data for a character named "Ryu". Obvious choices would by Ryu from Street Fighter, Ryu from Breath of Fire, or Ryu from Ninja Gaiden.

If there's any merit to it, anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, Diddy has been nerfed. And the community is crying. How dare Nintendo try to achieve balance in their game.

I'm sure they'd be singing a different tune if their favorite character was bottom tier and the recent patch buffed them.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 15, 2015, 03:22:25 PM
Well, Diddy has been nerfed. And the community is crying. How dare Nintendo try to achieve balance in their game.

I'm sure they'd be singing a different tune if their favorite character was bottom tier and the recent patch buffed them.

A lot of people were hoping for some better options to deal with rolling/shields since both are easy to abuse in this game. Maybe stronger gravity too since everyone can float back to the stage unless you're Little Mac and Dr. Mario

And it looks like the sound files for Roy and Ryu are legit. The Cutting Room Floor themselves have confirmed their existence. Can't wait to see Roy back in action.

Spark Of Spirit

Yes, Ryu from Street Fighter is almost definitely in. Can't complain about him since he's pretty much THE fighting game character and well deserves a spot.

I do still think Simon Belmont, Klonoa, and Bomberman would be great too, though.