Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Namco's inclusion means Pac-Man is going to be a third party guest.

Avaitor

That seems likely. I don't think that Pac-Man would make for a great fighter, but I think a stage dedicated to his game would be a lot of fun.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

:D If half of Pac-Man's moves are biting people. I think he could be a pretty hilarious character.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I'd prefer Klonoa but he isn't exactly popular. I'm not sure if it means there will be a Namco character, though. There wasn't a GameArts character and they helped with Brawl.

I'm still hoping against hope for Mega Man.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'd still love to see Ryu Hayabusa (preferably classic NES Ryu) as a character in an SSB game, but now that Tecmo has utterly butchered the character and the Ninja Gaiden franchise along with it thanks to the abysmal NG3, there's pretty much no chance of that happening anymore. :imnothappy:

Spark Of Spirit

Well, Nintendo is publishing that Ninja Gaiden 3 release, and they are buddies with Tecmo. So it is possible...

But I don't know how many third parties are likely to make it in. Snake was a pretty random choice if you think about it, but Sonic made perfect sense.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 26, 2012, 06:47:55 AM
:D If half of Pac-Man's moves are biting people. I think he could be a pretty hilarious character.

And I hope that's his only move. :awesome:

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 26, 2012, 07:44:31 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 26, 2012, 06:47:55 AM

And I hope that's his only move. :awesome:
Hell, that'd be an accurate representation of him.

Eddy

Pac-Man moves could be based on his attacked from the Pac-Man World games. He did things like rolls and pounds in that. His final smash would be eating a power pellet and everyone turning blue and he eats them.

But yeah, Snake was a random choice. The only reason he's in there is because Sakurai and Kojima are close friends.

gunswordfist

Oh, I know they'd do that if he'll be in that game. I'm just saying it'd be funny if he just went around biting people. In fact, I seriously doubt he'd have a bite move at all in the game.

Nel_Annette

I have an idea. Pac-Man's final smash wouldn't actually do anything to him. It would turn the other three fighters blue and weak for a limited time.

Rynnec

Geezer

Good.  Brawl sucked royally compared to Melee, so I'd rather see them focus on making a good game this time instead of adding a ton of characters.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Brawl hardly had a ton of characters. It only really added about 10 and a few were just reinventions of the clones from Melee.

If they're not going to have a crazy huge roster, at least give the 3DS and WiiU versions completely unique rosters. You don't need to remove every single character for that, just add enough variety and exclusives to make them worth double dipping for. Like say, give one game Snake and the other Simon Belmont.

Avaitor

I think the best way to go for the 3DS game is to more or less do a remake of the original. Same format, smaller roster than the last 2 Smashes, and possibly more focus on a unique storyline to make it stand out.

You can try to go all or whatever out with the Wii U version.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/