Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 09, 2014, 02:44:51 AM
Greninja, huh? I didn't know it was that popular to be considered for the game, but it'll have an interesting move set, so I welcome it. Don't care for Charizard. Would have rather had Blaziken replace it, but oh well.

For me, the best way to judge how popular the Kalos starters were was to see how many people demanded the legendary birds of Kanto. There was a shitton of demand for Articuno, a modest amount of request for Zapdos and people barely wanted Moltres. Why is this significant, cause you only get one of those in your game and it depends on your starter, Articuno=Chespin, Zapdos=Fennekin, Moltres=Froakie. Also, Greninja's hidden ability made it competitively viable enough in OU according to Smogon. I mean, having the ability to change your type to the move you're using, that's actually pretty nifty.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I will enjoy maining Zero Suit Samus and making butthurt Metroid fans and social justice warriors cry into their pillows while I smash their butts with my long, pulsing whip of femininity.

Spark Of Spirit

Why do so many people want Girahim? He's been in one game. There are so many more deserving characters like Vaati, Gannon, Impa, and even Tingle (yes even Tingle) that would deserve inclusion more than a one shot character being that they have far more ties to the series than he does.

There's also no way he's replacing Gannondorf, when they could just give him a new moveset and not make him play so totally unlike he should.

Of course, I don't think Zelda is getting a new character with this game. Counting Sheik, there will be 4 reps, and there are many other series that need new reps first before Zelda, much as I like it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Lemme find that one thread where people are trying to create proof that Ridley still has a chance at being a playable character.

Eddy

I think you mean that counting Sheik there will be five Zelda reps: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, and (assuming he comes back) Ganondorf.

And yeah, Ridley fans really need to just move on and accept he won't be playable. And this is coming from someone who would love to see Ridley playable.

Spark Of Spirit

Ridley would be a good character, but I just don't think it's happening. At this stage, I think the Metroid reps will be locked at two for awhile.

Anyway, there are other series that need reps. F-Zero has been at one character since Smash 64, Donkey Kong (one of Nintendo's biggest franchises) only has two, Fire Emblem has only had sword characters, and Landmaster Fox has been very awkwardly represented. Metroid is fine for where it is, honestly.

Quote from: Eddy on April 15, 2014, 05:08:48 PM
I think you mean that counting Sheik there will be five Zelda reps: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, and (assuming he comes back) Ganondorf.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Given that Midna's an AT, it's safe to say that Ghiram will be as well.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 15, 2014, 05:29:33 PM
Ridley would be a good character, but I just don't think it's happening. At this stage, I think the Metroid reps will be locked at two for awhile.

Anyway, there are other series that need reps. F-Zero has been at one character since Smash 64, Donkey Kong (one of Nintendo's biggest franchises) only has two, Fire Emblem has only had sword characters, and Landmaster Fox has been very awkwardly represented. Metroid is fine for where it is, honestly.

It's a shame that Lyn is still an AT, would've been really cool to see what they would do with her Iaijutsu fighting style. The series is also needs more female representation.

Speaking of representation, K. Rool and Black Shadow are long overdue, as far as villains go. Tiny Kong and Cranky Kong should be shoe-ins as far as DK reps go. If Falco and Wolf return, then they should do what the should've down in Brawl and have the Arwing and Wolfen be their Final Smashes.

As far as Metroid representation goes, most of the other candidates are more likely to be Assist Trophies than anything.

Eddy

Everyone knows if we get another Metroid rep it should be Anthony "Remember me? :sly:" Higgs.

I'd be all for another F-Zero rep but I have a feeling Captain Falcon is going to going at it solo again. Let's face it, F-Zero as a franchise just isn't that popular at all. Captain Falcon himself is more popular than the game he comes from and that's primarily due to Smash Bros.

As far as Donkey Kong goes, I'm hoping to see Dixie Kong. She rules in Tropical Freeze and she could easily get her own move set to differentiate herself from Diddy. King K. Rool would also be cool, but I don't really expect him.

Spark Of Spirit

It's a shame there isn't an easier way to get reps. I honestly think every series should have at least 4, but it just takes so long to make characters. Like Mother could have Ness, Lucas, Giegue, and Porky to have reps from each game and to have villain representation. Donkey Kong could easily also have Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and King K. Rool and most fans would be fine with it.

I actually don't mind Fox, Falco, and Wolf being Star Fox reps, but they really shouldn't be sharing anything like Landmasters.

Easy way for an F-Zero rep? Give Black Shadow Ganondorf's old moveset. There, new villain, new rep, everyone wins.

Kiddington

Are they ever gonna update Ganondorf's moveset? Like do we really need a slower, quasi-Falcon for the third straight game?

I don't mind him coming back if it does happen, but just give him some new shit already.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on April 19, 2014, 01:01:51 PM
Are they ever gonna update Ganondorf's moveset? Like do we really need a slower, quasi-Falcon for the third straight game?

I don't mind him coming back if it does happen, but just give him some new shit already.
Well, he's the only Zelda rep that hasn't been shown off so far, so I hope there's a reason for that. If Sakurai was paying attention to "No items, Fox only, Final Destination", then certainly he has to know that the number one move-set complaint has always been Ganondorf.

Also, the distinct lack of any clones shown so far other than Toon Link (Luigi will always get a pass for this, as it should be) lead me to hope that he has been cutting down on them. I hope, at least.

Rynnec

Possible roster leak.

Spoiler
I'm usually one to dismiss roster leaks, but if one turns out to be true, then the leaked roster is about as good as Brawl's, but still a tad dissapointing. I'll be dissapointed if Wolf gets cut while Falco stays, no one from Kid Icarus Uprising showing up, Captain Falcon still being the only F-Zero rep, and of course the lack of villainous and female reps. As for the "5 other characters" while 4 out of 5 makes sense, the things from Rhythm Heaven sound like a complete waste of a slot.
[close]

How accurate was Brawl's roster leak?

Spark Of Spirit

Nobody guessed Wolf or R.O.B. until the game came out. Nobody even confirmed Ganondorf until ingame pictures were taken. If it wasn't for Nintendo accidentally leaking photos, we also wouldn't have known about Captain Falcon, Ness, or Jigglypuff until the game came out, either.

I would think the safest bet for a newcomer at this point is Palutena. She was removed from Pit's Final Smash, Sakurai keeps teasing her with certain screens, and that "leaked" 3DS shot seems like it was intentional. I would put much salt on any rumor of a roster without her at this point.

I still don't get the point of the Rhythm Heaven thing. It seems like the definition of a wasted character slot from a series that doesn't really need representation for a character. We also have enough wacky characters in the game, I kind of want more straightforward ones now.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Rhythm Heaven rules but I'd totally prefer if they used Karate Joe as the rep.

Also as far as I remember it was only ROB that wasn't guessed. Wolf was pretty high up on the japanese most wanted list that was published along with Toon Link. ROB was the one that made people skeptical until that japanese leaker posted his reveal from the subspace emissary.

Spark Of Spirit

You're probably right about Wolf. I mainly remember most people on this side of the pond thinking it would be Krystal or nobody until the SSE leak came out and the internet exploded with rage. Though seeing as how Mewtwo was also cut on top of it, there was an extra dose of anger there.

Seems kind of lame now considering Wolf proved to be a great character.