Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Spoiler
Dark Pit has been confirmed via Twitch stream. Apparently at least one of his Smash moves is different.
[close]

Eddy

Spoiler
Duck Hunt Dog is amazing.
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

So officially cut characters:

Spoiler
Roy
Pichu
Mewtwo
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Ice Climbers
Lucas
Wolf
Snake
[close]

At this point it's pretty obvious that neither
Spoiler
Mewtwo or Roy
[close]
are ever coming back.

Something about the way the roster screen is arranged doesn't look right. I'm betting that there will be DLC down the line to straighten it out, because it kind of looks like a dog's breakfast in its current format.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Spoiler
I honestly never expected either Mewtwo or Roy to come back, so fine, whatever. It sucks that they've taken out Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Lucas, though.
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Cartoon X on September 11, 2014, 01:31:32 PM
Spoiler
I honestly never expected either Mewtwo or Roy to come back, so fine, whatever. It sucks that they've taken out Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Lucas, though.
[close]
Spoiler
The way the roster screen is arranged, I expect about 5 DLC characters to come. I'm near certain Ice Climbers will be one of them. Also hoping Wolf and Lucas will be two others.
[close]

Other than that, it's a pretty good roster.

EDIT:
Spoiler
Forgot to say that Dr. Mario has the Mario Tornado back. Looks like he'll be my preferred choice over Mario this time like Luigi was last time.
[close]

Here's the roster:

Spoiler
[close]

Oh yeah, and
Spoiler
Ganondorf
[close]
is still a clone. That's probably the worst news of all the returning characters.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Inside info from Neogaf:

QuoteI have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.
If that's true, I think we have our DLC.

I still want Ice Climbers back, though.

Daxdiv

That would be a good reason to buy both versions if that case is true. At least for the people not quick enough to get that CD. Kind of happy with the final roster. Haven't been this relieved to know of something being true/false for a video game since last years Pokemon X/Y leaks. Still a little bummed at 72 new Pokemon

Spark Of Spirit

Apparently Isaac's AT is not in the game...  :-\

I hope there's something in the Wii U version, because in the last game Golden Sun had an AT and a song. It's had a game since Brawl, why is it getting less representation? But then, I could say the same thing about Donkey Kong.

I'll hold off all final judgement until the Wii U version is out, but that is really strange.

Rynnec

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 10, 2014, 11:58:20 PM
Well, Falco is in. RSW should be happy. Shame they cut a character with a good moveset.

I wonder why Wolf is a trophy but not Lucas or Ice Climbers, though?

I had no doubt Falco would be in. He's been a popular pick since Melee and never eally received the same backlash Wolf did.

Mewtwo and Pichu had trophies in Brawl too so they might be in there somewhere. The polar bear is in the game so there might be something still hidden.

gunswordfist

i would buy a wii u if isaac was playable.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I gotta say, some of those new stages look incredible. Classic F-Zero and Mother 1 Magicant especially.

Shame about the complete lack of Smash 64 stages yet again, though. No idea what Sakurai has against those, they were all pretty well balanced stages.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Eddy

Magicant is so good it makes me want to cry.

I hope the Wii U version has Smash 64 stages.

Spark Of Spirit

They're letting out codes early for the 3DS demo. I have four.

If anyone had not received any in your e-mail, let me know and I'll send you one!  :)