"The Avengers" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Avaitor, May 03, 2012, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Foggle

Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 05, 2012, 09:05:08 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 05, 2012, 07:28:46 PM
Aren't we getting both Iron Man 3 AND Thor 2 next summer, anyways?
Thor's coming out the week before Thanksgiving.

The schedule as it stands is...

May 3, 2013 - Iron Man 3
November 15, 2013 - Thor 2
April 4, 2014 - Captain America 2
TBD, 2015 - Incredible Hulk 2
Whenever Ryan Reynolds can finally be assed to do it - Deadpool

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If they do a Deadpool movie with him in it, they'll have to take every effort to make sure that it has absolutely NO connections with Wolverine. That's why I'm thinking that if they ever did make it, they'd either go with a different actor or just give him a role in a rebooted X-Men Universe, but to be honest I think that they'd just replace him. After all, whether its his fault or not, he doesn't exactly have the best reputation among comic book fans and casual fans of super hero movies alike after Green Lantern.

Lord Dalek

Wolverine ain't canon, let's just leave it at that.

Dr. Insomniac

To me, only X-Men, X2, and First Class are canon. Everything else has as much relevancy to the X-Men franchise as Backstroke of the West has to the Star Wars movies.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It may not be canon, but its still hard to undo what has been done just by calling something un-canon. The funny thing about bad movies is that sometimes they can be remembered just as well as good movies, and people still haven't forgotten about Wolverine (for bad reasons, of course), so that doesn't really change anything. And like I said, Reynolds still doesn't have a great reputation after Green Lantern. To be fair, I think that's more the fault of the writers and director of that movie than Reynolds himself, but I'm not sure if everyone else sees it that way.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 05, 2012, 09:19:38 PM
To me, only X-Men, X2, and First Class are canon. Everything else has as much relevancy to the X-Men franchise as Backstroke of the West has to the Star Wars movies.

Actually, I remember Greg X made a post on Toon Zone last year and pointed out that First Class essentially writes both X3 and Wolverine out of canon in terms of how its continuity heavily conflicts with both of those films but seems to fit in line just fine for the most part with the first 2 X-Men movies. So, I do think that statement actually holds true.

I myself have no problem of pretending like X3 and Wolverine don't really exist in any way relative to the first 2 X-Men movies and First Class, myself. ;)

Lord Dalek

X-Men Origins is hard to reconcile with the the main series to begin with. What with Cyclops being in high school in 1979 and all.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 05, 2012, 09:16:23 PM
If they do a Deadpool movie with him in it, they'll have to take every effort to make sure that it has absolutely NO connections with Wolverine. That's why I'm thinking that if they ever did make it, they'd either go with a different actor or just give him a role in a rebooted X-Men Universe, but to be honest I think that they'd just replace him. After all, whether its his fault or not, he doesn't exactly have the best reputation among comic book fans and casual fans of super hero movies alike after Green Lantern.
Ryan Reynolds really wants to play Deadpool right, apparently. I've read a portion of the leaked script for the DP movie, and it's actually really good. Midway through the film, this happens:

QuoteCLOSE-UP of a Deadpool ACTION FIGURE from 'Wolverine Origins.' Mouth sewn shut. Blades implanted into the wrists. In the exact same POSE we just saw the real Deadpool.

WADE (0.S.) A little piece of me curled up and died the day this came out.

We PULL OUT to reveal that Wade is referring NOT to the action figure, but to WHAMl'S 'Music From the Edge of Heaven' LP, which he is now holding.

Spark Of Spirit

Wolverine can at least be explained as Wolverine's memory being hazy. I don't how you can explain X3.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

You know what I really want? A Black Widow and Hawkeye prequel. Their backstory really seems like that they have the potential to hold their own movie.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 05, 2012, 09:37:14 PM
You know what I really want? A Black Widow and Hawkeye prequel. Their backstory really seems like that they have the potential to hold their own movie.
Scarlett Johansson has said that she wants to do one.

Avaitor

Well considering how much money the movie's has and is gonna make (it's already broken records in like every country it's been released in so far, and the estimates just went up for it's opening weekend in the US), I think we're definitely getting one then.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I wouldn't mind it. She was way better here than in Iron Man 2.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 05, 2012, 09:43:35 PM
I wouldn't mind it. She was way better here than in Iron Man 2.
Almost nothing was good in Iron Man 2.