Reboot your favorite VG franchises into pretentious art games!

Started by Foggle, May 10, 2012, 08:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I'm not really sure how to explain this, so just take a look at my post and follow by example!

Metal Slug
It's an ordinary Metal Slug game, except you can accidentally kill the prisoners with a misplaced shot. The game's ending score screen tallies up the number of "Innocents Executed," which is overlaid on top of a picture of children crying while looking at a photo of their parents. If more than 25 prisoners have been killed, this is followed by a still image of your character sitting alone at a desk in a dark room, gun in their mouth and empty bottle of whiskey on the floor. The screen fades to black and a gunshot is heard, followed by the text, "If we don't end war, war will end us. -- H. G. Wells".

Lord Dalek

Tetris - The game becomes a choice. Either build to your hearts content ending the game quickly on a high note, OR destroy everything for capitalism and greed (and a high score). The player may wish to earn more but ultimately what is the cost? What are you left with at the end of the day through your campaign of mass destruction and terror? What did the L Block do to offend you? The I block ultimately becomes a representation of nuclear firepower as it is the only way to successfully clear four lines at once, the direct opposite of the Square and Z blocks. Tetris 2 is actually worse as it involves the usage of tactical weaponry to endanger the masses.

Spark Of Spirit

Super Mario Bros. - Do you jump on that first goomba or let him kill you? Jumping on him gives you a game over- you murdering fascist. While running into him atones for the last hundred years of the American justice system. The Native Americans salute you on your sacrifice!

As a native myself, that makes me wretch.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Does evolution truly justify the means? Will committing animal cruelty for sport really soothe the soul? Can capturing beasts against their be the key to true happiness? Remember those words as you walk through the country... Pokemon.