Lord Dalek

THE SEARCH FOR OUR BEGINNING
COULD LEAD TO OUR END

"Big things have small beginnings..." - David

Release Date: June 8, 2012
Studio: 20th Century Fox/Scott Free/Brandywine
Director: Ridley Scott
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1 (HDTV)
Starring: Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, Logan Marshall-Green, Charlize Theron

Plot Summary: A team of scientists journey through the universe on the spaceship "Prometheus" on a voyage to investigate Alien life forms. The team of scientists becomes stranded on an Alien world, and as they struggle to survive it becomes clear that the horrors they experience are not just a threat to themselves, but to all of mankind.

COMMENTS?

LD Talkback #175

It all begins on Acheron.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm going to try and see this tomorrow. I probably won't be able to, but maybe I'll get the chance.

Lord Dalek

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I myself have learned to stop caring about reviews entirely. I have stopped caring about what critics have to say a long time ago, Ebert's opinions haven't been relevant to me since Siskel was no longer around to challenge his viewpoints (I still respect the guy, though), and I think I may care even less about what the general public thinks. I've learned that there are movies that everyone can hate which I can get enjoyment out of, myself, so I'm just going to see the movie out of my own interest and judge it for myself. I also feel that my view is less tainted if I go into a movie without any measured expectations of how good or bad I think it'll be.

Avaitor

Got plans to see it on Tuesday. The weekend isn't good for myself or my friends.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Can't believe Madagascar 3 is actually doing better on RT. Not that that really means anything, but still; it's the principle of the matter.

...nevertheless, I'm interested. I'll try to catch it this weekend, but not really certain if I'll make it or not. Next week for sure though.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm still interested, I was just curious to see what the early word was since RS hasn't done something like this in a long time.

Either way, it's nice to have a real trilogy (I don't care what anyone says, it's a prequel!) of films with effort behind them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I'll watch it when I can afford to. Which may not be until it hits DVD.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 07, 2012, 10:27:23 PM
Either way, it's nice to have a real trilogy (I don't care what anyone says, it's a prequel!) of films with effort behind them.
Amen.

Commode

It was pretty cool.  It kind of reminded me of Avatar, in that I was kind of bored throughout the first half until something started happening, but eh.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Actually, as much as I love the original Alien, being bored through the first half sounds remarkably like the pace of that movie. To be specific, I appreciate how the movie went out of its way to build up the atmosphere and to give enough exposure to the characters before the inevitable slaughter started, but lets be honest here: that whole time we were all just waiting for something really interesting to happen, and it did, but until that point I can't deny that I was kind of just waiting in anticipation, rather than being immediately excited by what was happening on screen right in front of me. I Prometheus is that sort of ordeal, then I'm actually pretty fine with that, as long as the pay-off is at least entertaining.

Dr. Insomniac

So, there doesn't seem to be a middle ground. People I know keep saying that Prometheus sucked, while others say it's awesome. My $9 can't decide whether to stay or go at this point.

Avaitor

Do what I'm doing, and wait for the cheapest matinee you can. One of my local theaters has all of its movies play for $4 on Tuesdays, which is partly why we're going to that. We're also going because it's one of the few days one of my friends has off of work.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

Its a love it or hate it experience, just like every other genre flick with a bunch of dumbass fanboys who feel the need to compulsory spew their nerd rage online.

For the record I liked it, but it was a bit long in the tooth.

EDIT: ...Douchenozzle Mike who can't write anything but a cliche filled movie review to save his life hated it but Michael24 loves it? THE HELL?!?!?!?

DOUBLE EDIT: Good job Cradleman.

Kiddington

Michael24 liked this? HE liked this?

Oh lord, now I don't know what to think. So many conflicting opinions...

(still plan on seeing it this week either way, however)