Marvel Animation

Started by Avaitor, June 13, 2012, 03:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Rather than just posting these in the A:EMH or USM threads, how about I just make a new thread for speculation and discussion of upcoming series before we're ready to make their own threads. We can also talk about past series, as well.

Anyway, it looks like I was right about USM's massive success being bull. This also reveals a little more about its future, as well as the upcoming new series.

It also confirms my suspicions on who might join the next movie's roster besides the Falcon, with Ant-Man, Black Panther, and Ms. Marvel mentioned.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

YAY! Marvel is learning from their mistake. Thank you based Agent X for giving us this info. You know, I am kind of curious to know what direction USM will go into with Season 2. I don't think it will change much, but it will be interesting to see.

Nice to find out about the new Avengers Assemble series and how it will follow the Movieverse.

Avaitor

Wow. I didn't know that the Iron Man show was still running.

From what I've seen of it, it's even worse than USM, so how it's on is an enigma to me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

This is taken from Comic Con.

I don't think it necessarily means that Avengers Assemble will be a continuation of EMH, but I do think that it may not be as far away in tone from it as we were expecting. The most we might get in relation to the previous series is that a bunch of voice actors will return in lieu of the movie actors.

New blog!

The Shadow Gentleman

So apparently Man of Action claims Assemble will be a actual continuation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

This seems more like an attempt to ease the hate until the show premiers, but it would be nice if it was an JL/JLU type deal. There are still some aspects from the EMH (cosmic threats, Hank's instability and his and Jan's Unresolved Romantic Tension, etc.) that I would like to see continued.

On the one hand Eric Radomski is in charge of production, and on the other hand...well....Jeph Loeb.  :whuh:

p.s. Apologies if I shouldn't be resurrecting an old thread or this info has already been posted somewhere else.

Avaitor

Huh. I wonder how this will work out.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

They'll have to do a lot to convince me before it comes out no matter who is in the staff.

Paul Dini wrote for USM, but it was still terrible.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

Avaitor

I don't think we're going to learn too much more about the show until it's closer to release time.

New blog!

hobbyfan

I tried watching Ultimate Spider-Man, after having been warned in advance by my brother that it did indeed suck pigs. I couldn't get through 2 minutes. It was that bad, and this is despite the participation of people like Paul Dini and the Man of Action studio, the latter of whom apparently fled Cartoon Network (not that I'd blame them).

And, then, there's the fact that Jeph Loeb (& 9 Stories), who can't close a major plotline without leaving holes in it (if you read "Hush", Loeb & Jim Lee's run on Batman a few years back, you'd see what I mean), who is to Marvel Animation what Geoff "Father" Johns is to DC. A talented genius in over his head in the wrong position.

I'm breathing a sigh of relief that Avengers Assemble isn't going to be the same kid-friendly pablum. Does anyone have ratings #'s on Super Hero Squad?

Now, all that's needed is to put them back in a prime time berth. Can't watch on Sundays due to outside commitments.

Avaitor

Yeah, I think my time wold be better spent watching this show than USM.

New blog!

The Shadow Gentleman

The Shadow Gentleman

The first episode of Avengers Assemble is on iTunes for free, so I decided to check it out last night 'cause I had some free time.

Meh. It's a pretty predictable, no-substance-all-flash show designed to cash in on the movie. Loeb got exactly what he wanted: a show to sell toy that only (some) kids will enjoy.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, at least Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was great while it lasted. We even got 2 full seasons out of it, so I'm grateful for that. I always had a feeling that Avengers Assemble would just be a cheap cash-grab after the huge popularity of the movie, so I'm not surprised to see that my suspicions have turned out to most likely be true.

Spark Of Spirit

That's about what I was expecting.

At least it's not Ultimate Spider-Man levels of awful.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton