Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Comic Books

Started by gunswordfist, August 11, 2012, 11:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 12, 2012, 08:15:54 PM
Then I would be a genius. Thanks. :D

Not quite. You do actually make most children seem like geniuses compared to you, though, so there's always that fact if it makes you feel any better. ;)

gunswordfist

First you say that I'm smart as a kid..then you contradict yourself by saying I'm dumber then one. You can't even keep up with your own simple insults. That's just plane sad. :light:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Actually I've clearly stated that you were an idiot in just about every post of mine. I guess you're too stupid to read as well. We'll just add that to the list of basic things that you can't do. ;)

gunswordfist

And now you have trouble reading your own posts. Go back and read every time you've said idiot and see how it's not just about every post. I'll wait. :sly:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

There's more than one way to say you're an idiot, shit-for-brains.

gunswordfist

No, there's only one way to say idiot, idiot.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 12, 2012, 09:15:31 PM
No, there's only one way to say idiot, idiot.

That is by far the worst come-back you have come up with so far. Thanks for yet again digging your own grave, dick-wad. :>

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 12, 2012, 06:57:38 PM
Wonder Woman is BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!
Pretty sure this is a fact. Even Joss Whedon gave up on doing a draft for a movie on her.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

If Gail Simone can't do a good job with you, you're probably doomed as far as characterization goes.

Pharass

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 11, 2012, 08:15:24 PM
The graphic novel format is the optimum format of comic book reading. Single issues are a dying art, which almost every major comic publisher is too blind to notice.

It frankly sucks how superheroes and comics have become united in the eyes of the public. It's the equivalent of TV being nothing but cop shows.

I agree wholeheartedly, especially on the later point. Broaden your horizons, people (people in general, not necessarily you guys).

To contribute to this thread:

Quite frankly, I think Watchmen is overrated. Is it a great comic that anyone should read at least once in their life? Yes. Is it the greatest comic ever made and the ultimate proof that comics can be "real" literature? No. To be honest, I wouldn't even say it's Moore's greatest comic, although it's probably the one that's the most easily accessible to new readers.

Speaking of which, it kinda bugs me that some people seem to regard comics as a sort of sub-medium to novels. Personally, I don't think any medium is really superior to the other, ultimately it's the quality of the individual work that should have the final say.

As an avid reader of Franco-Belgian comics since childhood, I must admit that I generally prefer Blake & Mortimer over Tintin.

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

^^I agree. The comic books as a medium is fine, it's just that how people use it can lead to all the problems.

Speaking of Wonder Woman:

She was her best ever in her recent animated movie. I'd read a comic if it had a version of her that's that good.

Even Cyclops haters can enjoy his time in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.

Flash is boring in everything except Superman/Justice League/JLU TAS. Based off of what I've seen/read anyway. Funny enough, he seems to be very dead serious in every comic I've read with him in and is pretty dull in Justice League New Frontier and even what I've seen of him (one episode, his first I believe. The one with Zoom) in Batman The Brave & The Bold. He was OK in Crisis On Two Earths but that animated movie was partially from a scrapped script of a season of Justice League after JLU so he's basically the same character there. I'm referring to his personally and not his feats. You'd have to be completely stupid not to be impressed by those.

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 13, 2012, 02:09:40 PM
Speaking of Wonder Woman:

She was her best ever in her recent animated movie. I'd read a comic if it had a version of her that's that good.

Even Cyclops haters can enjoy his time in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.
I agree with these two. Astonishing X-Men gave Scott some much-needed balls. Otherwise, he's one of the biggest dicks in comicdom, along with Reed Richards.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Avaitor

I mean, Linkara nailed it with all of the problems of Peter Parker as a character, but that's more just bad writing than anything. At least he doesn't constantly put down MJ due to her sex or married and impregnated a woman just because she looked like Gwen Stacy, just to leave her when she came back to life.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

It is absolutely in my nature to be that snobby douche who despises superheroes and wishes for comics to be about real issues like child sex trafficking or Vietnam War crimes perpetrated and celebrated by the US... but I love Batman too much! :drool: