Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 21, 2013, 04:02:40 PM
Quote from: Foggle on May 21, 2013, 03:58:36 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 21, 2013, 03:54:35 PM
Because I can't afford a gaming PC.
Just wait for the SteamBox mate.
It will be cheaper than whatever Sony charges, I can assure you.
But you also sad that the next Xbox and PS would have DRM so I know not to trust your nextgen advice :sweat:

Foggle, I might get Steambox. ;D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Meanwhile, my friend, who is anti-X-Box One but way pro-PS3, posted this

The WiiU is another reason of why Nintendo needs to focus on casuals, and then put out multiplatform hardcore games. They released it early so it's drastically underpowered, it's so badly branded that people think it's a controller, and so far good games are near non-existent. Nintendo has a great strategy. Appeal to little kids and middle aged people. That's how they won last gen. But then they're polarizing the market by also releasing AAA First Party titles for those systems. People that are actually into games that buy Nintendo consoles these days get a very limited amount of titles they actually want to play. But, specifically pointing to the WiiU, people who have a Wii don't need a Wii U, and people that want more than a Wii won't buy a WiiU. Semi-disastrous when you think about it.

Yeah, thanks bro.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

We might want to wait at least past the first few months of sales before we judge a system. Because if that's the logic we're using, Microsoft should have axed the 360 in year one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I knew I want a Wii but not a Wii U.

talonmalon333

Am I the only one who kind of wants to see consoles die and everyone make games on the PC?

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 21, 2013, 04:24:12 PM
Am I the only one who kind of wants to see consoles die and everyone make games on the PC?
No.

Spark Of Spirit

It won't happen because of this:

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 21, 2013, 03:54:35 PMBecause I can't afford a gaming PC.

Eventually AAA gaming is going to die off and we'll all be left with retro games and indie games anyway. Why invest in a system that has no proper BC at that point?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I thought your argument for the console apocalypse was Sony and M$ using DRM  ???

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 21, 2013, 04:29:29 PM
I thought your argument for the console apocalypse was Sony and M$ using DRM  ???
Rising budgets and shrinking audiences is my main argument.

A new generation with higher budgets isn't going to suddenly bring back the non-AAA studios. All it takes is one single bomb (or a game to not sell 6 million) to put a studio under in the PS360 era of budgets. How is that main problem going to suddenly go away with higher budgets and less people willing to jump in?

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 21, 2013, 04:26:17 PMIt won't happen because of this:

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 21, 2013, 03:54:35 PMBecause I can't afford a gaming PC.

So gunswordfist not being able to afford a game PC will be to blame for this not happening?

Seriously, go burn in hell, GSF. You're ruining gaming.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 21, 2013, 04:33:16 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 21, 2013, 04:26:17 PMIt won't happen because of this:

So gunswordfist not being able to afford a game PC will be to blame for this not happening?

:D

But seriously, that mentality that a lot of people have is why it won't happen anytime soon. I suspect more people will jump to phone games first.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 21, 2013, 04:33:06 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 21, 2013, 04:29:29 PM
Rising budgets and shrinking audiences is my main argument.

A new generation with higher budgets isn't going to suddenly bring back the non-AAA studios. All it takes is one single bomb (or a game to not sell 6 million) to put a studio under in the PS360 era of budgets. How is that main problem going to suddenly go away with higher budgets and less people willing to jump in?
Well we'll see if that happens unlike that DRM scare you tried to sell me.
Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 21, 2013, 04:33:16 PM

As long as I take Wii U with me.

Spark Of Spirit

It wasn't a scare, they were considering doing it.

That they were considering it should be worrying enough.

gunswordfist

I'll be sure to get a tinfoil hat the next time the big bad men are rumored to do something else evil, k?

Me purposely pissing off Spark aside, I do want a gaming PC and PS4. I don't care if PS4 lasts for a year, I'd still get the few games I want for it.

Grave

I probably wouldn't mind this so much if I could actually find or knew what type of PC was used for gaming (especially since a lot of the games I play are being released on the PC a little more frequently these days.. If MGS were to head to the PC I probably would give in) since all the PC's I've ever owned were HP products and I hate HP so much, but have been hearing negative feedback towards other PC's like Gateway and Dell.