The Next Gen Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

https://twitter.com/kevin__lynch/status/336911362129281024

Ridiculous if true.  Any chance the Kinect would be a pack-in?  Because that'd be a load of bull if it wasn't.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

Xbox One? What kind of idiot came up with that name? That's what everybody calls the fucking first Xbox in conversation.

Foggle

Sony stocks in response to the Xbox One reveal:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Grave

Quote from: Comeau on May 21, 2013, 01:51:43 PM
No, surprisingly that is not a limitation.  And used games aren't completely blocked; you can use them, but you gotta pay.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/

I can only shake my head at this.

Commode

Despite the good outlook for Sony right now, and the fact more people are now confirmed to gravitate towards the PS4 when it eventually comes out, I'm more curious how this will affect Nintendo.  I'm thinking that some people who might have been holding off on buying a Wii U will make the plunge now, or at the very least in the next several weeks(several Nintendo events coming up).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

The problem with Sony is their mind-share more than anything. Because right now to the general public the PlayStation brand is almost nonexistent and they NEED their advertising department to market better than they have since the PS1 days (or should I say PlayStation One?) to capitalize.

Quote from: Comeau on May 21, 2013, 01:51:43 PM
No, surprisingly that is not a limitation.  And used games aren't completely blocked; you can use them, but you gotta pay.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/
And that's it for me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Grave on May 21, 2013, 01:48:59 PM
Quote from: GaryPotter on May 21, 2013, 01:44:37 PM
What about the always on thing?

It was stated that that was false or they backed out of that earlier this month or late last month. I think there was an article about it at either Gamespot or Joystiq.
All I needed to hear. Looks like I,m going to be getting PS4 and Xbox One instead of Nintendo's struggling console.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Comeau on May 21, 2013, 12:21:52 PM
Xbox One.  Not Xbox 720 or Xbox Infinity, but Xbox One.

And it's hideous, it looks like an old school cable box.
Looks like a VCR to me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Honestly, even if the XBOX ONE didn't block used games, would you really still go for the console? I mean, I can't even really care about not being able to play used games if I don't even care about any of the games coming out for the system to begin with. To me, that's the biggest problem with the new XBOX, more than anything else.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Comeau on May 21, 2013, 01:35:09 PM
lol

...and no Xbox 360 backwards compatibly(why these companies have such a starch viewpoint against BC I don't understand), and it blocks used games, as expected.

Yeah, no sale.
Nevermind "grabs anti-Xbox One pitchfork"

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 21, 2013, 03:47:52 PM
Honestly, even if the XBOX ONE didn't block used games, would you really still go for the console? I mean, I can't even really care about not being able to play used games if I don't even care about any of the games coming out for the system to begin with. To me, that's the biggest problem with the new XBOX, more than anything else.
Well, just look at the games. They're the same things that have been flooding the market for the last 7 years.

Why anyone would get this when they can get a gaming PC instead I have no idea.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 21, 2013, 03:51:24 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 21, 2013, 03:47:52 PM
Well, just look at the games. They're the same things that have been flooding the market for the last 7 years.

Because I can't afford a gaming PC.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 21, 2013, 03:54:35 PM
Just wait for the SteamBox mate.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 21, 2013, 03:51:24 PM

Fanboyism, maybe?

But, even then, if someone was a fanboy of Microsoft's console, would it really be so blasphemous to just play games for Windows instead, since Microsoft owns that as well? Honestly, I'm really seeing absolutely no reason to buy the next XBOX. At least I can understand how the PS4 would have an audience (even though I'm not the least bit interested in that console, either, myself), but I'm starting to wonder why the next XBOX even has a reason to exist at this point, other than being a useless multimedia device more than an actual gaming console.

And its not like I'm some blind XBOX hater either. I've owned both the original XBOX and the 360, and I think that both consoles had some kick-ass games, though ultimately they both had pretty weak runs compared to their competition. That said, I kind of did want to see Microsoft up their game again with the next XBOX ( both literally and figuratively), but unfortunately their interests lie in completely different places. I find it funny how Nintendo got flack for the Nintendo Wii when they started aiming at such a casual audience, yet nobody seems to be giving Microsoft nearly the same amount of heat for basically doing the exact same thing with the XBOX ONE. I swear, gamers and gaming journalists are the worst fucking hypocrites on the planet.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 21, 2013, 03:58:36 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 21, 2013, 03:54:35 PM
Just wait for the SteamBox mate.
It will be cheaper than whatever Sony charges, I can assure you.