Nintendo Power Ceases Publication

Started by Kiddington, August 21, 2012, 01:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

I want. I want I want I want I want I WANT.

Where can you even find it anymore, though? I work at a grocery store, and we haven't carried NP in our magazine section since September. Haven't seen it anywhere else around here either.

Daikun

Quote from: Kiddington on November 30, 2012, 10:43:54 PMWhere can you even find it anymore, though? I work at a grocery store, and we haven't carried NP in our magazine section since September. Haven't seen it anywhere else around here either.

You might want to look at GameStop or similar gaming stores.

I was offered an NP subscription at GameCrazy some years back when I purchased a DS game.

Goldstar

The internet pretty much killed video game magazines. Who needs to pay $5 for tips, tricks and cheat codes when you can pluck them off of the net for free?

Nintendo Power magazine coming to end still is a shame, though. My younger brother used to buy game mags when he was a kid. I remember the old Nintendo Power syndicated TV show. Talk about cheesy.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I like how DK is almost literally right at the bottom of the list. It's them officially saying "yeah, it's a classic, but we only got better from there!"
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

They even have Ninja Gaide: Dragon Sword on there! Granted that, its all the way back at spot #280, but its still great to see that Nintendo Power recognizes that this game exists.

Daxdiv

I bought the last issue of Nintendo Power at Barnes and Noble today. It's a great send off to the issue and my favorite thing was probably the Nester and Max comic at the end.

As for the list, I love how they go into detail about their rankings at 50, with a few sprinkles here and there below that.

Spark Of Spirit

Is#1 Super Mario 64 or OoT? I know it's one of them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Ocarina of Time. Figures as much. Super Mario 64 is actually #14.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Ocarina of Time deserves to be #1 in my book. Screw any of you guys who disagree. :>

Rynnec

Commode

Finally found the last issue today.  It's a pretty good issue, and a good send off for the mag.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Man, I wish I could find it. I've been looking everywhere for the damn thing, and nothing so far. Not even GameStop or the local Mom and Pop stands have it.

I'll probably have to end up overpaying for it on ebay years down the line. Le sigh...

Quote from: Rynnec on December 24, 2012, 12:10:52 AM
http://www.nintendoforcemagazine.com/

Gotta love these dedicated fanbases.

:joy:

Spiritual successor... hey, it's better than nothing!

Daxdiv

You do not have a Barnes and Noble in your area? That's pretty much the only place in my area that still stocked Nintendo Power.

As for Nintendo Force, I like most of the names attached to it. I'm sure I follow a good number of these guys on Twitter.

Kiddington

Honestly, I never even thought to look there.  :drool:

It's... kind of a ways out from where I'm at, so I don't go there often. Once I'm actually in town again, I'll have to make a trip down that way though.