What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Still playing Coin Rush in New Super Mario Bros. 2 and enjoying it.

I'm currently over 750,000 coins.  :shakeshakeshake:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Ever walked around with your 3DS and try to get Street Tags for coin challenges? I find it more fun to challenge those I tag and try to outdo their intake.

Spark Of Spirit

I only got two and one was from a friend.  :sweat:

But yeah, I try to outdo their records. My highest score was something like 12000-something, ad my friend has been trying to beat it for quite some time.

Normally if I miss the top of the flag pole I just give up.  :-X
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Got further on episode 2 of Doom. It's starting to creep me out more and more.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Yesterday I played Soul Calibur IV for the first time. I picked Kilik of course...and then I beat Story mode with a grand total of like 5 minutes of gameplay. :whuh:

gunswordfist

Yesterday, I beat Halls Of the Damned on Doom. First level to give me some real trouble. I like the surprise ambush. Very nice.

Today I played my copy o Lost Planet Colonies for the first time. I like how easy it is to shoot up and how not all of the mechs are too slow. I really hate that constantly counting down heat meter or whatever. You can't even change your options without it going down. So stupid. Also, roll should be easier to do, they seem to have made the "smaller" bugs hilariously unaggressive because they figured that it would be too hard to have so many of them at a time be aggressive and is it me or does it feel like some parts end to abrupt. I entered a cave/hive in the first mission pretty much out of nowhere and I beat some boss and that was somehow supposed to signal me destroying a hive (which I didn't) Was this game's budget hurting is something?

Nel_Annette

Finally beat Lunar: Silver Star Harmony almost two years after buying it. Overall, it was okay. I never played the original game or the PS version, so no nostalgia here. Loading times were atrocious. Characters were fun, and the dialogue was actually pretty funny at times, despite the plot itself being kind of bare bones. The concept, however, is awesome. Humans living on the moon and a dead Earth hangs in the sky. That's just great. I'd totally play Lunar 2, given the chance, but from my understanding, that never got a PSP remake? I was also looking into the prequel, Dragon Song, but word of mouth is that it's terrible. That's a shame. A prequel set in this world sounds intriguing at any rate.

Up next in the backlog, is... Riviera: The Promised Land. Hoo boy. As far as the Dept. Heaven series goes, I have hated both Yggdra Union and Knights In The Nightmare. I was told that this one was a bit more of a traditional RPG, so we'll see how that plays out. I bought the game off of Amazon a few weeks back along with Star Ocean 1 & 2, and once Riviera is out of the way, those are next. I want to clear out the PSP games in the backlog already. After that, then it's back to half-finished games that aren't RPGs, along with Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story.

Yes, I have planned this out. I have a schedule to keep, damn it!  :unimpressed:

Rynnec

Funny, I was actually thinking about getting the GBA version of Riviera. I've been wanting to play it since it first came out back in 2005, but it's just one of those games that I never got around to actually buying.

Nel_Annette

I didn't even know there were GBA versions until well after I had bought Yggdra Union on PSP. I was looking for a copy of Riviera for a loooong time now, and now that the PSP is basically dead in the water, buying PSP games on the cheap at Amazon is a gold mine.

Spark Of Spirit

Riviera is a lot more straightforward than their other games. I guess that's why it's been ported so many times.

gunswordfist

I love how the music in the level Spawning Vats from Doom sounds like it could be in Castlevania game. I love this game's soundtrack.

Yesterday, my brother and me beat Spelunky...finally. The fourth set of levels are mostly just trap torture hell. Ok, not THAT bad but still more hard than fun. We were playing Co-op and then he died in one of the levels before the last. So in the last level (and like the millionth time being there), I was careful enough and had enough bombs to have an easier time winning. My brother helped by putting down two well placed bombs and then I did the rest. So later that day I went on to try to get to The City Of Gold. I got up to getting the helmet...then the Temple kicked my ass. I'm trying again today.

gunswordfist

I got Mega Man 9 and then Metal Slug 3 today.

I tried out a few levels in Mega Man 9...fuck, this game is hard. Well anyway, I'm one Mega Man away from being able to play ever game in the series on one console.

I tried to get Metal Slug XX...but saw that it was 1200 points at the last second and I only had 800 left thanks to Mega Man so I finally decided to just get Metal Slug 3. The first level was a pain in the ass until on my 2nd try I just went through the exit boat route. Then I came to the level that made me decide to get the game and why this is my favorite Metal Slug, stage 2. I love that level's atmosphere. The level is way too straightforward but still great. I love the ice route. The first part of the boss fight is as intimidating as ever. Not really that hard but still.

Spark Of Spirit

For Mega Man 9 start with either Galaxy Man or Splash Woman's levels. They are the easiest ones and the bosses aren't that tricky.

For Metal Slug 3, just set the difficulty on easy. It doesn't make a difference except that bosses take less hits to blow up... and they STILL take a long time to destroy. Otherwise there isn't much difference at all.

gunswordfist

Heh, Galaxy Man was the first one to give me trouble.

And I'm going to be stubborn and just play Metal Slug like it is. Didn't even know there was an Easy mode.

Kiddington

Re-starting Banjo Tooie for the first time in... a few years, at least.

Oh Grunty Industries, how I loathe you.