What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Funny you should say that, I'm replaying Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time on hard to get that final trophy. The game still plays excellently.

But I really wish Insomniac would make one more before this gen is through. One more is all I ask.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Played Metal Slug 3 with my little brother yesterday for the first time. Only got as far as Mission 3.  Still had fun though.

Played some more of levels in Mega Man 9 and didn't get anywhere. Got a decent amount of screws though.

Tried to reach The City Of Gold in Spelunky again and failed again.

Got farther on Doom. I met my first Cyber Demon or whatever it's called and went, 'Fuck yeah, let's rush it!!!!' Screen proceeded to go red and then he shot me again. :sweat:

Played Co-op with a friend I haven't seen in months on Splinter Cell Conviction. I love this series' Co-op. We got to the second stage. I know I should prefer to actually take out enemies myself but doing those slomo auto headshots is too much fun.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

Is it sad that the only Robot Master I've ever beaten in my life is the female one?

gunswordfist

I just beat Cyber-Demon after getting blown away by him I believe two more times. Kind of weird to see a level in Doom end after a boss battle. I'm about to start Episode 3 now.   ;D

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Nel on October 03, 2012, 12:03:29 PM
Is it sad that the only Robot Master I've ever beaten in my life is the female one?
Use her weapon on Concrete Man! He's a piece of cake with that.

But I find it hard to believe you couldn't beat Metal Man. All you have to do is shoot as he lands.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Dude, I'm terrible at Mega Man games. I rarely ever even make it to the boss. Way too much shit shooting at me and dick-move enemy placements for my platforming reflexes.  ;D

Still, it was hilarious at the time though. My roommate and I had nothing to do that day, so after talking about how terrible we were at Mega Man, we decided to just start up MM9 and see what we could do. Somehow, I ended up beating Splash Woman. Cue my roommate slow clapping. "One of the only girls in the series... and you kill her." Laughed pretty hard at that.

Spark Of Spirit

Haha, yeah that's one of the jokes is that she's the only female robot master yet for some reason she's the easiest one to beat. Capcom were made of strange people.  :D

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 03, 2012, 03:08:55 PM
Quote from: Nel on October 03, 2012, 12:03:29 PM
Use her weapon on Concrete Man! He's a piece of cake with that.

But I find it hard to believe you couldn't beat Metal Man. All you have to do is shoot as he lands.
:D It's funny that you mentioned that because I haven't even been able to get to Splash Woman in her level while Concrete Man is the 2nd boss I've beaten. I beat him and Galaxy Man yesterday. I got my game paused on Splash Woman's stage right now.

Foggle

Does anyone else want to see WayForward make a Metroid game?

Also, Galaxy Man and Splash Woman are the only bosses I have ever beaten in Mega Man 9 tbh...

gunswordfist

Just beat Splash Woman a few minutes ago. It took me I believe getting one Game Over and then dying again once or twice to beat her since I always manage to take more damage than I should but I did it.

I was thinking about why the hell Dr. Light wasn't arrested instead of receiving angry phone calls when I rewatched the intro when I got the game but then they finally threw him in jail after I blew up Galaxy Man yesterday so all is well. ;D

gunswordfist

Also, my friend and me beat Splinter Cell Conviction's co-op story yesterday (well, except for the fact that we skipped the 4 data thingies part). I like how it ties into the game's story.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on October 05, 2012, 10:33:27 AM
Does anyone else want to see WayForward make a Metroid game?
You really need to play Aliens Infestation.

I really want them to make a new Jazz Jackrabbit, but now that Cliffy B has left Epic.... I don't see it happening.  :(

gunswordfist

Yesterday, on Splinter Cell Conviction, I just got to what I'm sure is the last level. I like how the story is panning out even though it's basically average "shit just got real, let's up the stacks for the sequel to the sequel to the sequel" action movie stuff but my interest is being held so hey. I'm having fun actually not just getting impatient and shooting everyone in the room. In the other Splinter Cell I've played you could whistle and throw stuff at people and easily bait them into a stealth kill (I honestly like them more because of that) but getting a gimme stealth kill, throwing a sticky cam on an explosive barrel and making it play music to attract most of the mercs in the area, detonating it and then using the execute you earned from getting the gimme grab from ledge stealth kill to kill 3 guys is fun.

EDIT:

Yesterday, I finally got the BFG on Doom. I loved one shotting that large demon that throws that green energy. I shot two because I assumed I needed more. Does this gun recharge in between levels or did I pick up some ammo for it and didn't notice?

Also yesterday I made it farther than two screens on Hornet Man's level on Mega Man 9. Now I just need to figure out how to beat that flower's ass. I love continuing to try to find a level that's beatable among the Robot Masters until I finally start making some progress through them.

gunswordfist

I forget whether it was today or yesterday but on Doom I got to the part in Unholy Cathedral where you go to the room past the exit and tons of demons start teleporting in. Very interesting. I think I just ran straight forward at them first and then said fuck this and started running circles around them and shooting them until they were all dead. That was so much fun.

Peanutbutter

Borderlands 2 and StarCraft 2. Also still getting around to beating Majora's Mask. StarCraft 2 is a blast, I really wished I played it a lot sooner.